Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could Cox Be On His Way Out The Door ??

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I cannot see why the Murray situation cannot be resolved with negotiations and also cannot see Dickenson matching his goal scoring record for us this season.

I assume we are not going to offer him more money to get his career back on track.

So the only negotiations are between him and his girlfriend.

The club have done nothing wrong in any of this, from the information made public to date.

No, unless she thinks Southern England is where she wants to stay then I can't see this being resolved at all.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Every player has his price, it would probably be a good move for the player and the club if the price is right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have signed a number of players from 'up north' so perhaps some of the WAGs need to speak with her and try to make her feel that she is wanted and not isolated down south. If her other half is off playing and then out with the lads she, having a young baby, probably has no one to call on for a chat or company, being so far from her roots

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Sell him, he's the weak point in the team. Not strong enough. I'd we well pleased if we 200K but I don't think he's worth that and anyway Wilkins and him don't get on.

Churchy

Jun 1, 2008
South Wales
These threads always started by some newbie with only a few posts.

Fail.

Oi i said this is information from my mate thats a southampton fan , everyone has to start somewhere so why dont you crawl back in your hole

Last edited:

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
i would let him go tonight along with virgo and el abd, im sure this has already been said but how can you make such a fuss about signing players like dicker and tunnicliff, then leave them on the bench for last years failures to f*** up again, add to that wright and davies. i bet they are well chuffed sitting on the bench, add to that the murray situation and we may have a recipe for another relagation dog fight. i know its only 3 games in but what happened last night smelt of something not being right.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Odd thing about him is that almost without exception away fans pick him out as a quality player when they see him play. Albion fans however seem to set him higher standards.

He's winning me over (again) and I'd be sad to see him go.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You keep saying this about Dickenson who has a better career goal scoring record than Murray.

I am biased because I think that Glen Murray is the most naturally gifted goalscorer we have at the club and have had since BZ, irrespective of all other issues. I am begining to appreciate the work Dickenson does but I dont get the same buzz of expectation when he has the ball in or around the penalty area that I do with Murray and did with Bobby Zamora. Only time will tell if I am right, I hope not I hope he beats Peter Wards goal scoring record for a season then I would be well pleased.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
buy one get another two free..................I'll leave you lot to fill in the names

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
I think he is a bit of a Dean Hammond.

Albion fans undermine him, and away fans tend to regard him as a threat.

He's still young! I think he'll get better over time, and particularly with Slades Input. Selling Cox won't do us any good. It is a bit alarming were not playing Dicker, and Tunnicliffe, and who ever said that Virgo should go, why? He was great in defence last season, vs Walsall he was good IMO again.

I think him, and Elphick (and I pose the same question again to whoever said that Elphick should go!) will be our core at the back!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think he is a bit of a Dean Hammond.

Albion fans undermine him, and away fans tend to regard him as a threat.

He's still young! I think he'll get better over time, and particularly with Slades Input. Selling Cox won't do us any good. It is a bit alarming were not playing Dicker, and Tunnicliffe, and who ever said that Virgo should go, why? He was great in defence last season, vs Walsall he was good IMO again.

I think him, and Elphick (and I pose the same question again to whoever said that Elphick should go!) will be our core at the back!

I agree with all of that. Cox would be hard to replace, and frankly we have no one even remotely like him at the moment in terms of a creative midfielder. Unless we have someone lined up to buy who is better I can't see the point in selling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here