Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

could BHA ever play top flight footty again?

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
I think we can, and we all need to believe that we can, otherwise what are we doing supporting a club that we think has no future

Of course-look at Reading. They are what we should use as our inspiration-like that or not (many won't). New stadium, built their team slowly and sensibly and now are looking at a European spot in their first top flight season. Good luck to them, some new blood in the Prem is just what's needed.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Our most likely way in would be to copy Italian football, as we already have done in other miserly, self-aggrandising commercial ways, and wait for the top flight to be introduced to collapse. Man U toppled by their selfish award, Abramavich to lose his life or interest and their debts maintained and emptily tackled like Leeds, Liverpool to be owned by yet another American so in a short period every great, sporting youngster gets nourishingly educated and sent to the nadir of clubs in the top flight. And with Liverpool, the owner may go bankrupt again and have to sell his booted assets as slaves to the Qatari league.

The current status and workings of 'top-flight' football fail to leave us a chance to join those hogs. Animal Farm, innit. Personality gets in the way of production, so those with thought or idea are banished to the lower quarters and their bodies turned to glue.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yes, of course we can, if Reading can get into the top half dozen in the Premiership then so can we. It isn't as if they have bought their way to the top either, granted the Madejski money has built their stadium, they haven't just gone out and splashed money on a team and have done it all gradually. We have a superb youth set up at the club, it is small things like that which should be used as the spring-board to greater achievement. I think the new ground could well be the catalyst, it will give us extra revenue to keep building. Things may still be a little iffy, but I remain optimistic that we will make it to the Premiership.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
We may need a few new players first........:lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bakesy said:
We may need a few new players first........:lolol:

I think he meant sometime in the future, not next week or anything.

:)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I have no doubt we can!

Although not sure NSC will cope with the strain... just imagine the whinging and moaning when we'll have money AND a stadium!! :lol: :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
After the revolution. Bop, bop, bop.

William Chops

Feb 3, 2007
Maybe. But dont simply think a new stadium will make it easy. Falmer will just bring us level with the bulk of Championship clubs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If the answer is no we should all just give up and let LDC win.

Without hope and ambition what would be the point in carrying on the fight for our survival.

I heard that whilst I was away on holiday a spokesman for the official supporters club said they would be happy to stay in this division for the remainder of their life. I do not know if that was a true appraisal of the statement but if so that person has no right holding office within the Official Supporters Club. If I have been told this story wrongly then I would unreservedly apologise but that is how it was told to me and things do get mixed in passing on.

desprateseagull said:
so, apart from a shiny new stadium, what would attract the 'big' names of tomorrow, to wonderful brighton & hove (well nearer to lewes, acually) albion F.C..?

Of course MONEY is always a factor, but I'd say that the city of Brighton & Hove would be a very useful tool in negotiations. If we're matching the financial offer of another club, a player is far more likely to relocate to Sussex by the sea rather than some inner-city slum or northern dump.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would hope that it might hold some sway, I mean, Sussex has to be one of the nicer parts of the country to live in. I guess it would depend on the player, if after all they were from a northern dump and all their family still lived there then they might be a bit of a fish out of water in a more desirable location, plus the right wingers on NSC might not warm to the county being over-run by northern monkeys.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
After watching the Albion in the top flight when I was a kid I would love it if we could get back up there so I could take my kids to see all the big teams. Weather I could afford prem prices tho is another question

William Chops said:
Maybe. But dont simply think a new stadium will make it easy. Falmer will just bring us level with the bulk of Championship clubs.

Especially when the bottom club in the Prem gets prize money of £30,000,000. If you don't get one season in the Prem in the next few years you're already way behind the pack. The yo-yo clubs will be playing in the Championship at least £30 million ahead of the other clubs.

The FA sure are doing a great job safeguarding our national game.

Safeway said:
Of course MONEY is always a factor, but I'd say that the city of Brighton & Hove would be a very useful tool in negotiations. If we're matching the financial offer of another club, a player is far more likely to relocate to Sussex by the sea rather than some inner-city slum or northern dump.
Have you EVER been to Alderley Edge?

As far removed from an "inner-city slum or northern dump" as you could hope to find. And a lot more visible money to impress the ambitious WAG than most parts of London or the South East.

Last edited:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
I am convinced we will again one day. When we get falmer, I think DK (legend) will step down and Bloom will become chairman. Then watch us rise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here