Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

could anyone keep us up?

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
If we changed the manager it would probably have a short term positive effect but a few months down the line we'd be in exactly the same position; No money, no new players, small attendences, selling our decent prospects. Until we can compete on a level playing field with the rest of the Championship we're going to struggle. Accept it and stop the moaning!

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Formerly Known as DEZ said:
If we changed the manager it would probably have a short term positive effect but a few months down the line we'd be in exactly the same position;

So let's get a new manager in until the end of the season! It is our only chance of staying up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In the last 2 relegation campaigns we've fought to the last match of the season. This year it could be all over bar the shouting before April if we continue to free-fall.

I find the lack of fight and team spirit particularly worrying, although the fighting within the team seems to be there.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Pavilionaire said:

I find the lack of fight and team spirit particularly worrying, although the fighting within the team seems to be there.

According to those in the know there is nothing wrong with the team spirit.

These are the same people who push others to reveal their sources but then post things saying that they cant reveal theirs. But expect us to believe them.

:p

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
I

Apparently back last night. The Knights and McCammons are now excluded which may have something to do with a return to the values of fighting for survival rather than tantrums about personal glory?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
vulture said:
More like forced out so Knight could get the compo

He didn't have to go. Nobody twisted his arm.

Porky

Oct 5, 2003
Ontario. Canada
Afew days ago, MM said that they had a six figure bid for a player turned down. {I can't remember his name}
Was that the limit of the Club's dabbling in the Transfer market.
Was there no other player that we could have bid for with that type of cash.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tom Brighton.
We brought in Wayne Henderson and Doug Loft.

80's Seagull said:
Totally agree. Had some of the Virgo and Harding money and the coca cola cash been spent well we could be safe by now. Instead we got another "one for the future", a crock (Dodd), and lined the pockets of a dodgy agent.
Most of the Virgo and Harding money was spent well, ensuring the bills are paid (because Withdean doesn't do that) and the future is ensured (winning Falmer). You would really have something to bitch about if those two things hadn't happened :glare:

Dougal said:
had more money this year than any year I can remember in supporting the club. Wasted it. Thats why Im dissapointed as after last year staying up with nothing I thought we had a real chance

We did have a real chance but the fine renewal of the team this season (Hendo, McShane, Carole, Frutos) wasn't enough - we needed two or three more players and we couldn't afford the kind of Championship-level players that were bound to succeed and keep us up. Even in these circumstances we are not cut adrift like Rotherham and will carry on fighting against the odds to keep us in this league.

I feel very sorry if your only memory of two seasons of tier 2 football is disappointment. I regard it as an utter privilege to have seen us play in these fine stadiums. It could be a few years before we see it again simply because the club is not currently financially structured to provide that level of football for Albion fans. Maybe it's you that has missed a real opportunity to appreciate what you had ???

And you can mention the El Turi money all you want, a manager doesn't exist who doesn't make a bad pick (and in our situation we have to gamble more on transfers like this than most other teams who can spend a bit more and get "guarenteed" players, that's the thing people like you don't even attempt to understand).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here