Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cotterill not happy...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
What was that nonsense about him (the ref) not surviving in the premier league if he booked players for having a pop at him?

The Premier League could only benefit immusurably by having strong referees like todays. It'd stamp out the crowding of referees by a mob of players at a stroke.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly, all this "man's game" stuff is complete bullshit. Players who argue with the ref should always get cards: if they don't learn and heed the warning then they're even more stupid than we all think.

I can't think of one of their cards today that wasn't justified.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We seem to have forgotten that it was divine retribution for Kitson to receive a red card after his antics in the 5-1 defeat at the hands of Reading. I am sure Tommy will be on the phone to Gary tonight.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I remember the days when Portsmouth used to be in the old Div 4... perhaps they are finding their way back to their rightful position.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Sounds like a manager trying to keep his job. Blame the ref easy excuse. Your team were owned by the Albion today at times, and you did not dominate the first 15 minutes.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Read in the guadian match report he's slagging off the ref saying he'll never ref in the Premier LEague if he books people for mouthing off. Firstly, that's hardly what all the bookings were for. Secondly, good luck to him, if refs in the Premier LEague had any sense they would also stand up to the pathetic attempts at indimidation indulged in by many players. Clearly the Portsmouth players still think they're big time, and that by shouting at the ref and having a pop at our players after every foul then the wool will ve pulled over his eyes. Wrong. :lol:

If anything Cotterill should be thanking the ref for his lenience, he could have sent off at least two more of their players in the second half but didn't.
What a horrible bunch of pricks.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Cotterill: “I didn’t see the red card incident and haven’t seen a replay of it, all I know is that the lad went down holding his face and Dave Kitson said he pushed him in the chest. "

Mr Kitson, you sir are a liar...

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Have no time for Pompey and we have had our disciplinary problems in the last couple of years, but thought Pompey were a disgrace tp their fans who had paid good money to watch a bit more effort than this. Brighton were excellent but any fan desreves better than the lack of disicpline, commiment and at times skill from their team. Who saw when the Pompey right back was tackled under no pressure from a long blade of grass in the second half and put the ball out for a throw in. Cracking entertainment. 5 Pompey players should be fined for yapping away - the ref had no choice and was probably too embarassed to send another one off.

Was it Blackpool at Withdean about 6/7 years ago or someone else that had about 10 players booked at an evening game at Withdean? Anyone remember?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Cotterill is a decent guy in my book, of course he's pissed off at losing. It's a shame his players couldn't keep their traps shut though!

And that muppet linesman from the Bournemouth game kept a low profile today.

Didnt realise it was that same twatty lino :angry::angry::angry:

We'd be a further 3 points clear of 3rd (before todays games) if it wasn't for him!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Read in the guadian match report he's slagging off the ref saying he'll never ref in the Premier LEague if he books people for mouthing off. Firstly, that's hardly what all the bookings were for. Secondly, good luck to him, if refs in the Premier LEague had any sense they would also stand up to the pathetic attempts at indimidation indulged in by many players. Clearly the Portsmouth players still think they're big time, and that by shouting at the ref and having a pop at our players after every foul then the wool will ve pulled over his eyes. Wrong. :lol:

If anything Cotterill should be thanking the ref for his lenience, he could have sent off at least two more of their players in the second half but didn't.
What a horrible bunch of pricks.

The only player who got booked for dissent was Lawrence, wasn't it? Or was the player who committed the handball booked? The rest were because they couldn't cope with us and resorted to fouling tactics. Cotterill must have been off his rocker to go to Portsmouth. What was he thinking of?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
H

Was it Blackpool at Withdean about 6/7 years ago or someone else that had about 10 players booked at an evening game at Withdean? Anyone remember?

Blackpool on a August Bank Holiday, when Steve McMahon was their manager. We beat them 4-0, with Lee Steele (I think) getting a hat trick. McMahon was sent to the stands.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The only player who got booked for dissent was Lawrence, wasn't it? Or was the player who committed the handball booked? The rest were because they couldn't cope with us and resorted to fouling tactics. Cotterill must have been off his rocker to go to Portsmouth. What was he thinking of?

Nugent (unsporting behviour -foul on painter)
Lawrence (dissent)
Mullins (dissent)
Mokoena (dissent)
Sonko (unsporting behaviour - deliberate handling)
Hreidarsson (unsporting behaviour - foul on Kishishev)
Dickinson (unsporting behaviour - foul on Kishishev)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Read in the guadian match report he's slagging off the ref saying he'll never ref in the Premier LEague if he books people for mouthing off. .

Why should it worry or affect Steve Cotterill, what happens in the Premioer League. He should be concerned about the league his team are in and try to keep them there.

The Premier League could only benefit immusurably by having strong referees like todays. It'd stamp out the crowding of referees by a mob of players at a stroke.

There's the point - it's not that 'The Prem' is so top-notch for refereeing all the time - and the likes of Ferguson and Wenger add to complaints.
However, they really should stop the continuation in disrespect shown to adjudicators. NOT that refs and linos are faultless, but Rooney continues to insult and lambast and he's not alone. Also, players who BLATANTLY cheat will continue to try and back up their dodgy claims for decisions, and that is coming home to roost when refs don't give tangible fouls and even book the victim!

It's self-fulfilling that refereeing is going to have more faults when players are trying to trick them by cheating all the time.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just seen his interview after the ITV highlights and I have never seen a more ungracious interview from a manager who has just lost to a team from a lower division. Have always liked him but have now lost a lot of respect.

When the interviewer said "Any credit to Brighton?" he just answered "Well they won a game." Tosser

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Just seen his interview after the ITV highlights and I have never seen a more ungracious interview from a manager who has just lost to a team from a lower division. Have always liked him but have now lost a lot of respect.

When the interviewer said "Any credit to Brighton?" he just answered "Well they won a game." Tosser

I pray to God he never comes here as manager. Really hope Pompey get relegated.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Blackpool on a August Bank Holiday, when Steve McMahon was their manager. We beat them 4-0, with Lee Steele (I think) getting a hat trick. McMahon was sent to the stands.

I think he's referring to a game against Exeter that we won 2-0 and they had 10 different players book

The Blackpool game was terrific though, and though Lee Steele had his best game for us, he didn't get a hat trick:

Oatway 38
Carpenter 47
Steele 62
Zamora 72

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
And to think he was in the running to be our manager at one time.

Gus has more class in his little finger than that man. When you lose on the cup you have to give credit to the other team, particularly when you have been totally outclassed. But he just makes excuses. Very sad.

He doesn't like us. Was a wanker when he was a pundit on ESPN at the FC United replay.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here