Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Correspondance with a Pompey fan....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Atmosphere at every game has been 10 times better than at Withdean so how any one can still harp on about it being shit is beyond me.

I feel the same-at times (even in the East Stand library) the noise levels are beyond anything we've ever generated as Albion fans, even at The Goldstone in its heyday. I think it's merely the likes of Portsmouth and Palace who see our club's change of fortune and feel the need to say something derogatory because we are heading in different directions for now.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Surely they wouldn't be in the BSS anyway straight away?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You could have asked your pal "where did all the money go?" - from Mandaric through Gaydamark to Chanrai there are fortunes (and not small ones) unaccounted for. Certainly none went into the infrastructure (in fact money was raised against what they did own and disappeared). Sadly there are those seeking to involve the good name of Fans United with this shambles - having travelled to Plymouth, Wrexham, Chester and Darlington it's a first "no" from me.......................................

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Surely they wouldn't be in the BSS anyway straight away?

If they go belly up, they probably would go to BSS, sadly.

The FA have changed the rules since Aldershot/Wimbledon. As I see the new rule. the 'bigger club' you are (sic), the higher up the non league pyramid you get placed. All to do with small non league clubs being swamped by 1000's of away fans.

I personally think the new ruling is bollocks.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
This.

I just don't get what all this 'atmosphere is shit' posting is about. I'm having a f***ing great time in the West Upper. So what that everybody doesn't sing all the time. I don't care. I sing. I'm not about to slag everybody else off for not doing so.

It's bloody brilliant. FFS everyone, get a grip.

Obviously the atmosphere is so shit that the games are selling out every week.

Same as that. I read some of the comments on here and it sounds like a different ground. Like you we're in WSU and the atmos is cracking. Don't think I've left a home game yet with my voice intact.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Well played that man.... Read it all and thouroughly enjoyed it... I wonder if you will get a reply... :)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He was right though. The atmosphere on Saturday was non existent.

why do people keep on with this crap, I thought saturday was excellent, constant singing for most of the game in the north, do you sit on your hands or try and get it going where you are.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I think atmosphere is pretty good in the northstand and sounds even better when the west joins in. Not sure how load it sounds from the rest of the ground ?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Same as that. I read some of the comments on here and it sounds like a different ground. Like you we're in WSU and the atmos is cracking. Don't think I've left a home game yet with my voice intact.

It beats me Harold. Like you, I'm at a loss. I love a good sing, and every now and then I'm engrossed and on edge. Love it and like you I love losing my voice.

I guess some people are expecting some sort of wall to wall noise like it's the European Cup Final at the Camp Nou between Barca and Real Madrid. Surprisingly, the visit of Coventry is not going to guarantee that.

tooting2

Mar 26, 2011
lancing
who cares what other fans think of our place but it is our place our home and every brighton fan is proud to be there bit of luck other fans wont want to come here letting other brighton fans to get tickets

dont think pompey fans have any right to complain about how other football clubs are run in the position they find themselves in
the way portsmouth fc has been over the last 3 years sounds like sour grapes to me

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
why do people keep on with this crap, I thought saturday was excellent, constant singing for most of the game in the north, do you sit on your hands or try and get it going where you are.

Gazwag I love the Amex but the noise/atmosphere is variable and as has been said in many threads depends where you sitting. On Saturday where I sit in WSL near the south stand the only real noise we could hear came from Pompey. Many of us tried to get things going. We heard very little from WSU and the North and East stands never seemed to do much either.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Let me put this into perspective ladies and gentleman.
Neither Pompey, Palarse or Scumhampton are good enough to be our rivals anymore, why do we even bother mentioning their names anymore.
Lets look forward to the bigger picture, when our worthy rivals will be the likes of Man Utd , Arsenal Liverpool etc !!!
UP THE ALBION !!!!

That is one of the sadest things I have read on hear....one of the reasons my love of football is dying.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Gazwag I love the Amex but the noise/atmosphere is variable and as has been said in many threads depends where you sitting. On Saturday where I sit in WSL near the south stand the only real noise we could hear came from Pompey. Many of us tried to get things going. We heard very little from WSU and the North and East stands never seemed to do much either.

How can people not hear the North? I sit in WSU and can hear them clear as a bell. I could hear Pompey every now and then as well. I sat in WSL once and granted, they don't sing much down there, but I could hear everywhere else.

Ear-Syringe-NJP.jpg

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I feel the same-at times (even in the East Stand library) the noise levels are beyond anything we've ever generated as Albion fans, even at The Goldstone in its heyday. I think it's merely the likes of Portsmouth and Palace who see our club's change of fortune and feel the need to say something derogatory because we are heading in different directions for now.

Exactly this.

I've only missed three games at The AMEX this season. Every game I've attended, I've never once left thinking the atmosphere was shit. The atmosphere has been better at certain games - Leeds, Liverpool, but never bad as people suggest. Do those who complain ever visit Withdean on a regular basis?

Reading on the other hand? Now that is a library!

Some of the crap written by Palace & Pompey is jealousy, pure & simple. We're moving in the right direction on & off the field whilst those two aren't. Palace are stagnating as a club & can't stand the fact we have finally realised our potential support after playing in a ramshackle athletics stadium for years. Portsmouth? The're in a tailspin to oblivion after years of lording it on borrowed money & time.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
That is one of the sadest things I have read on hear....one of the reasons my love of football is dying.

But its true though !!!

We have to get used to the transition Loz of going from near oblivion to being "up with the big boys" if thats the right phrase. Unfortunately money etc is a massive part of football today and in a way i agree with you it is sad but a fact none the less.
And these teams probably won't be rivals to us on the field of play as much as teams that i mentioned.
I manage football at grass roots level myself and believe very strongly in developing football/players at that level, but you have to be honest with the way things are nowadays.
I have nothing but contempt for Pompey especially as they have done nothing to help themselves, neither have their fans. And after their smoke bombs and homophobic chanting and fighting with our stewards on Saturday I have even less time for the morons.

Last edited:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Exactly this.

I've only missed three games at The AMEX this season. Every game I've attended, I've never once left thinking the atmosphere was shit. The atmosphere has been better at certain games - Leeds, Liverpool, but never bad as people suggest. Do those who complain ever visit Withdean on a regular basis?

Reading on the other hand? Now that is a library!

Some of the crap written by Palace & Pompey is jealousy, pure & simple. We're moving in the right direction on & off the field whilst those two aren't. Palace are stagnating as a club & can't stand the fact we have finally realised our potential support after playing in a ramshackle athletics stadium for years. Portsmouth? The're in a tailspin to oblivion after years of lording it on borrowed money & time.

I Think you right about Jealousy, but take palace for example, they seem stuck between a rock and a hard place, the team seems on the up compared to the last few years, but the ground is shocking!! but what do they do? spunk loads of money on a new ground at the CPP or total rebuild Selhurst? BHA in a way had that taken out of their hands, and after many years of fighting for a ground have got a brand new spanker of a stadium, leaving a few clubs a bit green and glad to point out anything they dont like. And of course Brighton fans are quite rightly very proud of what they have got.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here