Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Corporate Gifts....

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Another vote for bottle opener, tho has to be a WOODEN one. Have packed one of these little beauties as a travel essential for yonks. Don't leave home without it!

View attachment 147725

Why would you not have one on your keyring...?

Mine is like this (corporate freebie from the 60s/70s when my grandparents ran an off license!)

GUINNESS-IS-GOOD-FOR-YOU-Small-Vintage-Keyring.jpg

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Why would you not have one on your keyring...?

Mine is like this (corporate freebie from the 60s/70s when my grandparents ran an off license!)

But you see this is where a Swiss Army-style penknife is a winner, because it has a bottle opener as one of its accoutrements. As well as obviously a knife and a device for getting stones out of horses' hooves.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
2 promo items I use most are tote bags (but sturdy decent quality ones) and a small emergency power bank I got with a 6 pack of Becks.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've got countless pens, notepads, memory sticks (including ones integrated into pens, which are really cool) and they are all great, but the one thing that I find REALLY useful are small pads that stick to the back of your phone and used to clean it. It's not sticky like a sticker – it just sort of, sticks, so you can peel it off and put it back on as much as you like.

Here you go, these are the fellas: https://www.bigbearpromo.co.uk/stic...OKo2HZMVORWCXEL-HKvKTuQa3H-uklkEaApSSEALw_wcB

Anyway, I use them a LOT to clean my screen and I think they are great. And if you get some, feel free to bung a couple my way as I'm running short :lolol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Always refused corporate gifts as I was dealing with public monies I have reported those who have both offered or received what is let’s be honest is bribery

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Always refused corporate gifts as I was dealing with public monies I have reported those who have both offered or received what is let’s be honest is bribery

Agreed. Thats the way the world works sadly

many moons ago I was managing a large project for industrial vacuum cleaning at a power station, I needed to buy about £10k worth of rubber vacuum hose, there were 2 companies quoting. one was a bit more expensive but the best quality . . the customer was GEC so quality first. . their sales guy knew I was in a band and offered me his old Marshall 4x12 speaker cab if I gave him the order.

tempting

I took both quotes to my boss and got him to sign it off. :rolleyes:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don’t bother with gifts, just make a donation to your local Tory party and watch the contracts come flying in.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
When I started at my current company I got a waterbottle, pen and notepad, all very useful.

We got a wooly hat at Xmas that was actually pretty decent quality and we get a t-shirt each year with our 'thematic goal' on, which are really tacky, but nice long sleeve t-shirts which are handy if it gets a bit chilly in the office and an additional layer is needed.

Didn't realise USB sticks were still a thing with cloud storage these days.

Something useful would be a Multi USB port, with most laptops only having one slot I use mine a lot, but it's handy to have a spare for trips to office.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Battery pack for phones with multiple connectors

Got given a few memory sticks can’t remember where from

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
you sound fun :D

I am fun but I like to think that I am honest as others need to be, I am retired now but when working I made it very clear to those directly working under my management and contractors that I would be straightforward and honest with them and that they needed to be the same, on a few occasions I found this was not the case and they had to suffer the consequences

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Agreed. Thats the way the world works sadly

many moons ago I was managing a large project for industrial vacuum cleaning at a power station, I needed to buy about £10k worth of rubber vacuum hose, there were 2 companies quoting. one was a bit more expensive but the best quality . . the customer was GEC so quality first. . their sales guy knew I was in a band and offered me his old Marshall 4x12 speaker cab if I gave him the order.

tempting

I took both quotes to my boss and got him to sign it off. :rolleyes:

I worked for GEC Turbine Generators in the 80's. Under Arnold Weinstock it was a total no-no to receive any corporate gifts from suppliers and you were not even allowed any alcohol on expenses when away on business. The way they treated their customers was completely different. GEC had a "guest house" outside Rugby where they hosted foreign customers and dignitaries. It was known as the best knocking shop in the area.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Another vote for bottle opener, tho has to be a WOODEN one. Have packed one of these little beauties as a travel essential for yonks. Don't leave home without it!

View attachment 147725

I have a key ring bottle opener. Without a shadow of a doubt the best purchase I've made for less than a fiver. Comes in most useful when someone says on a train "How you going to open that then" as you pull it out of your pocket.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est retiré.
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
What is it you do? Might help to know.

A fair and valid point.

It's in the beauty industry. Treatments and so on, and the ethos of the business is 'premium' look and feel, 'premium' service, but 'budget' pricing. I'll go into further details once the ink is dry on the contracts, but it's clinic based - in a shopping centre (County Mall - as I listened to your advice on here last time!)

85% female customers but looking to work on that and end up 70%/30% split or better.

Tote bags are an excellent shout. Pens always a favourite. I was shocked at the rise and fall of the humble mouse mat though!

Keep them coming - you're all as helpful as ever and I really appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Albion unrelated as I've probably spent the last 3 days watching re-runs of the Man Utd game plus have logged onto the forums to read about everything related to it, then toggled between the Sky Sports reports and the BBC ones... and now I'm getting what I can only describe as severe 'smug fatigue' :moo:

So.. here we go. I'm starting a new business at the end of July, and part of promoting that business will involve (amongst digital marketing, networking, and all manner of other advertising is) a series of 'pop up shops' which are solely for the purpose of getting the brand known and talking to people. As a sweetener the intention is to give out little 'gift bags' containing some info about the business and what it offers, a little discount voucher and a little gift which people will actually use.. as opposed to just toss in the bin or throw in a drawer never to be seen again.

It will be 'branded' of course, to reinforce the name and hopefully then lead people to familiarise themselves with it.

My question is, is there a little corporate gift you've been given in the past (or present) which you've actually used or at least thought would be useful - or have used and enjoyed?

Answers like 'a brown envelope full of cash' or 'a Lexus' are not valid as I don't want to spend fortunes. It needs to be cheap, and either very useful or innovative and something which will be used or remembered.

As ever, thanks for the input. You wonderful lot are usually my first port of call for things like this... :salute:

Not related but tell me if you need top class SEO way cheaper than from anyone else as good as me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here