Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corners!!

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
Is it me? We have a squad of 20+ full time professional players who have all day every day to practise yet we do not seem to be able to find anyone to take a decent corner regularly. OK we scored today from a corner but most of Coxy's efforts were very poor. The one back to Reid that ended up with the ball being defended on the halfway line and the one that struggled into the penalty box spring to mind.

skintmanblues

Feb 7, 2004
Orsham
corners

im 45 years old and still play local football in horsham my corners are perfect every time perhaps i should give coxy a lesson on how 2 take them

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The only decent corners this season were taken by Rents, check out the free DVD.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
The only decent corners this season were taken by Rents, check out the free DVD.

how many has robinson taken?

his against bornemouth was superb

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Richards should take the out swingers, Forster I think out swingers from the other side and I think Forster take the shooting distance free kicks

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
The only decent one out of the number that we had.

If we score 1 goal from a set piece per game, then im happy!

Maybe thats our strategy...lull the opposition into a false sense of security by making them think we are rubbish at set pieces...then play a killer ball once in a while and score!

DW is a genius!!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I said to the guy next to me today, just as the corner was being prepped; "We get so many bloody corners yet can't score from them". And bob's yer uncool - we scored from that very corner!

See, I AM known to be wrong!!

Funny that NMH - I too was wrong once, but it was a very very long time ago :D

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
bloody hell!

corners
substitutions
hoof ball

anything else to moan about tonight?

were we really that bad today? we had chances and i always thought that if we kept going we would put 1 away but we seem incapable defending a lead at the moment unless its in the last min,even though it was a bit of a magical free kick

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Is it me? We have a squad of 20+ full time professional players who have all day every day to practise yet we do not seem to be able to find anyone to take a decent corner regularly. OK we scored today from a corner but most of Coxy's efforts were very poor. The one back to Reid that ended up with the ball being defended on the halfway line and the one that struggled into the penalty box spring to mind.

What a load of bollox, we scored from one and had two saved on the line as well. Not a bad return in my book.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As most know I manage an U16s team and every corner we have hits the box, at times I dispair about our corners.

The last time we were good at these was when Darren Currie took them.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
As most know I manage an U16s team and every corner we have hits the box, at times I dispair about our corners.

The last time we were good at these was when Darren Currie took them.

Your seeing a different game from us then we've creared loads of chances from corners we just need to convert some of the chances. In case you've forgotten our last two goals have come from corners and out last 3 goals from set plays.

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
I see both sides of this argument. For me, Cox is all or nothing. His set pieces can be BRILLIANT, which is why we score goals from them, but they can also be SHIT, which is why some people moan about them. He can definitely take a good set piece, he just needs to do it more consistently.

That applies to every team in the world, I don't know one of them who has a 100% success rate and I think we do OK with ours, some could be better some are spot on, that's the nature of the beast but it easy to to come on here and slaughter everything we do and tell us how shit we are without looking for the positives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here