Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Corned beef

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I had a corned beef sandwich at the Carnegie Deli NY, once.

3509762703_eda2728b17_o.jpg

Oh my word.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just a pinch of black pepper, maybe salt if you require, but I dont like salt any anything. Simple, cheap dish, filling and I love it.

I will try this. I love corned beef hash. I have it every morning if I am in the states. The potato version this is, with two eggs on top.

What else can be done with corned beef though?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
167846_449251039158_566599158_4967198_2879082_n.jpg
had this bad boy at a Jewish deli in New York... love it

In my view cucumber is the salad vegetable of satan. I hate it intensely and can detect if a knife has been used to cut cucumber and then contaminates my sandwich.

Back to the op. Corned been and coleslaw good, corned beef with onion relish better. Have gone off Branston, too acidic for me. Much prefer home made apple chutney.

Corned beef, chips, processed peas and Heinz Tom sauce, nice!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
In my view cucumber is the salad vegetable of satan. I hate it intensely and can detect if a knife has been used to cut cucumber and then contaminates my sandwich.

Back to the op. Corned been and coleslaw good, corned beef with onion relish better. Have gone off Branston, too acidic for me. Much prefer home made apple chutney.

Are You a student ? and that's all You've left in Your cupboard.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Only on NSC could you have four pages on Corned Beef.

I'm in the Branston camp myself. And I love a bit of tongue.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Isnt the American version of Corned Beef totally different to ours. Isnt it more like our minced meat?

Think you might be confusing corned beef with ground beef.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
I shit u not, ive literally just sat down to lunch with...you guessed it, a corned beef sandwich on white bread when i saw this thread. Delightfully complemented with a packet of flamin hot monster munch.

lovely jubbly

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
May well be but seem to remember going to New York for a Lennox Lewis fight and going into a deli near Maddison Sq Garden and the corned beef being not what I expected.

Ground beef is similar to minced beef. But, I have had corned beef in NYC which was very similar to the salt-beef we get in the UK.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
In the navy in the late evenings, they used to issue soup and sometimes warm crusty rolls with corned dog....hard to beat in the cold..

Mid-nighters yum yum!
Never without a tin of corn dog as emergency rations for when the chefs fukced up scran ..... Again!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

I thought that toms and cucumbers technically are fruits :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here