Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CORALS on Saturday - what a CROCK

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, so there's a live beamback of the Leeds match on Saturday to a giant screen at Corals - £12 for adults, £6 for children. Fair enough, a little pricey perhaps, but you'd expect them (and the Albion) to want to make some money out of it if they're laying it on, and its a welcome alternative for those who couldn't get a ticket.

HOWEVER - if you want to stay on for the dogs that evening, you have to leave the stadium, come back later and pay to get in again. The bars are closing at 4.45, and they want everyone OUT by 5.30 when they will be closing the doors. This is apparently on police advice for "safety issues". I mean come on. Where's the harm in letting people stay after the Leeds match, watch the results on Sky (or the 5.15 match) and wait for the dogs to kick off at 7.30 ? They've got security there just as they have for every other race meeting, so anyone worse for wear and causing trouble can be ejected as normal.

What a crock of shit. I'm going to Withdean anyway, but if I WAS going to Corals, I would definately have been looking to stay on for the dogs after the match. And yet I'd be turfed out and expected to pay to get back in again later if I fancied a few bets.

They can poke it.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I think Corals would be happy for people to stay but Sussex Police won't have any of it. Treated like a bunch of hooligans even when you don't go to the match.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They could have had a BUMPER night once the racegoers turned up as well...but I suppose they don't want us "football fans" cluttering up their premises and making nasty smells after the match (unless we want to pay to get in again).

Absolute gubbins.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Easy 10 said:
They could have had a BUMPER night once the racegoers turned up as well...but I suppose they don't want us "football fans" cluttering up their premises and making nasty smells after the match (unless we want to pay to get in again).

Absolute gubbins.

CORALS Actually DO want the fans to stay on but as a previous poster said, as this is the first ever beamback, the Police are taking no chances and are insisting that there is a "break" between the two functions.

CORALS are hoping that all will pass off well and that the next time they do a beamback (planning to do it regularly if this one is a success) fans will be able to stay on through.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Robert Lester Zamora said:
CORALS Actually DO want the fans to stay on but as a previous poster said, as this is the first ever beamback, the Police are taking no chances and are insisting that there is a "break" between the two functions.

CORALS are hoping that all will pass off well and that the next time they do a beamback (planning to do it regularly if this one is a success) fans will be able to stay on through.

Which is precisely what the bloke from Corals said during the phone-in on Saturday. Think of this as a trial run Easy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair enough RLZ, and Corals DID say it was "on Police advice", but when that excuse is trotted out, I'm always naturally a little dubious as to how hard they have really argued the case with the cops. But maybe they really are genuinely disappointed at having to kick us all out....

Still, if everyone behaves then perhaps we can get some AWAY games beamed back, that would be marvellous.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
from a Leeds fan in one of the other threads in response to Leeds fans comin down without tickets:

"I am not sure, a lot of people say they are coming down (isn't there a live beamback in Brighton?) "

last thing we need is a big old fight at Corals to end the live beamback before its started :nono: Hope the Leeds fans dont find it and/or the Old Bill say "Locals Only!"

then of course own locals will tear the place up anyway and screw it all over :rolleyes:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Robbo said:
Maybe those who attend the beamback and also want to attend the races should be given a voucher to admit them to the races for free?

???

The greyhound stadium are giving vouchers to those who attend to get back in for the evening's racing for free.

The close/open scenario is on police advice; originally Corals had intended to allow people to stay right the way through.

Robbo

Insider said:
The greyhound stadium are giving vouchers to those who attend to get back in for the evening's racing for free.

The close/open scenario is on police advice; originally Corals had intended to allow people to stay right the way through.

Lovely stuff. Thanks for clearing that up, good work from corals, they know it makes sense!

:)

Oct 5, 2003
Yes £12 is a rip off as I stated ages ago and go slated for saying so. What does the ticket you bought say? Did they advertise it 100% clear as absolutely the game live that’s all or entrance to the stadium you may have some legal redress ok if the old bill move you on it may only be compensation against corals in say same way fans have won cases where say was a famous case at the old den Millwall where cant see whole pitch and fans got something like a 50% refund because of that, worth considering still doubt anyone would bother and granted yes Corals may want it be dishing out ticket stubs and all that and have stated in future they would like it guess its down to experiment, I still say its over-priced and you could always hide in the loo to avoid popping out into the rain and back again then still it be like Withdean p1ssing down proper atmosphere wtaching it at the dogs after all the clubs going to the dogs so hey you might even think you are really their with Dean!!!

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
FG aka FOOTBALL GENIUS said:
Yes £12 is a rip off as I stated ages ago and go slated for saying so. What does the ticket you bought say? Did they advertise it 100% clear as absolutely the game live that’s all or entrance to the stadium you may have some legal redress ok if the old bill move you on it may only be compensation against corals in say same way fans have won cases where say was a famous case at the old den Millwall where cant see whole pitch and fans got something like a 50% refund because of that, worth considering still doubt anyone would bother and granted yes Corals may want it be dishing out ticket stubs and all that and have stated in future they would like it guess its down to experiment, I still say its over-priced and you could always hide in the loo to avoid popping out into the rain and back again then still it be like Withdean p1ssing down proper atmosphere wtaching it at the dogs after all the clubs going to the dogs so hey you might even think you are really their with Dean!!!

WTF ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
FG - have you ever heard of this:

Its called a FULL STOP. How about this:

Its called a COMMA.

Learn to use them. Until then, I can't be arsed to read your posts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here