Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell with Forster

Stumpy Tim

Dream ticket IMO. Forster is different class in every aspect of the game, might have a bearing in keeping young Caskey at the Albion, and his professionalism can only rub off on the rest of the squad.

Coppell's track record is fantastic, has worked with Forster at Reading & knows this division

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
That's a half decent suggestion-if Forster is ready and qualified. Those two plus Oatway and/or Butters might be an ideal set-up at the club.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Coppell,Forster,Taylor is the dream ticket. but i would be happy with coppell & Forster. Having said that i could see Forster and Taylor or Forster & Curbs or maybe even Curbs Forster linking up with Taylor or Coppell. Not to mention wise,Barnes Sherringham combination..........?

OOOOOHHHHH its like Christmas all over again, I wonder what Santa Bloom is going to bring ?
(just hope its not wise,i hate little presents)

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
That's a half decent suggestion-if Forster is ready and qualified. Those two plus Oatway and/or Butters might be an ideal set-up at the club.

No!

We have to get away from this "jobs for the boys mentality". Where is the experience in that back-room?

If we get Coppell (which I hope we do) I want him to appoint some experienced men to help him.

Everyone keeps spouting what a great coaches Forster, Oatway and Butters would be but where is the evidence? and now is not the time to gamble.

There may well be a place for them in the set-up somewhere but please not as Coppell's assistants (if it's him) or as 1st team coaches

We've just had months of everyone on this board moaning that our coaches are not experienced enough and you want to appoint a bunch of rookies?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Who said Forster is even interested?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
No!

We have to get away from this "jobs for the boys mentality". Where is the experience in that back-room?

If we get Coppell (which I hope we do) I want him to appoint some experienced men to help him.

Everyone keeps spouting what a great coaches Forster, Oatway and Butters would be but where is the evidence? and now is not the time to gamble.

There may well be a place for them in the set-up somewhere but please not as Coppell's assistants (if it's him) or as 1st team coaches

We've just had months of everyone on this board moaning that our coaches are not experienced enough and you want to appoint a bunch of rookies?

What he said.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No!

I think the moaning was that they were not good enough-they were certainly experienced enough in terms of length of time in their jobs.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Coppell,Forster,Taylor is the dream ticket. but i would be happy with coppell & Forster. Having said that i could see Forster and Taylor or Forster & Curbs or maybe even Curbs Forster linking up with Taylor or Coppell. Not to mention wise,Barnes Sherringham combination..........?

OOOOOHHHHH its like Christmas all over again, I wonder what Santa Bloom is going to bring ?
(just hope its not wise,i hate little presents)

It's probably just an oversight,but you've missed the Southgate/Brown option that everyone dreams about.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
I have also thought this would be a good combo. Forster im sure will be a top manager one day. I know he has/is taking his badges whetehr he would be interested i dont know but he is not getting any younger

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's not sidetrack the one player who looks quality and also looks like he cares every game. Sometime, in the future when he's given up playing yes, but not now. We need him concentrating on playing at the moment.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Let's not sidetrack the one player who looks quality and also looks like he cares every game. Sometime, in the future when he's given up playing yes, but not now. We need him concentrating on playing at the moment.

What he said.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would love to see this man at the helm:

0,,10307~6834864,00.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here