Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

coppell wants knight and cullip?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Knight: I doubt it.

Cullip: I'll admit it - I'm more than a little worried. As RoyalAli posted, they need a decent young centre back.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
He can f*** right off. If he does come back for anyone, DK should tell him where to go :angry:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
this is a story hyped up by the News of the world,

when they asked coppell if he wanted any of brightons players he said, something like,

"Brighton have some good players who I wouldnt mind playing for Reading".

The press have put 2 and 2 together and come up with 3, working out that Knight and Cullip are 2 of our best players and he,s gonna poach them!

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Reading want to get promoted and would be looking for players to play in the Premiership; neither Cullip nor Knight set the 1st division alight when they played there; that's not to say that they couldn't play in the division but I bet that Reading would rather have proven performers.

I would guess that DK would want good money for the pair of them as well and Madge is a tight git.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Argus has article quoting Leon Knight today, saying he is a Brighton player and going nowhere :clap2:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
With all due respects, we really don't need Leon Knight. Seems to be doing a job in Division Two, yes, but he offers us nothing we already don't have.

Cullip though, I think that Coppell would try to make a move for him (whether he'd be successful or not is another matter). Madge has given him a transfer budget, but won't say how much it is (quite right too). Cullip, local lad, we need another up-and-coming centre-back, not a complete article but one that we can develop... however I think that we'll go for Ingemarsson, personally. Cheaper, and can play in many positions, and has worked under Coppell before at both Brighton and Brentford.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Out of either of them I reckon Cullip is the most likely to go, however in the original article, all Coppell said was that we have some top players and undoubtedly Id be interested in them although thats not to say Im going to poach them.

Of course hes going to be interested in them as hes worked with them for over a year but i dont think theres too many of them who are that much better than what hes already got at Reading now

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Would agree with Wilts in that they'll probably go for Ingemarsson. Showed he was class last year.

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
HampshireSeagull said:
Cullip: I'll admit it - I'm more than a little worried. As RoyalAli posted, they need a decent young centre back.

But it's hardly a signal of intent from a side that wants to get into the Premiership.

Danny's good, but he ain't Premiership class.

If his distribution was as good as his defending and reading of the game he would be world class, though.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cullip won't go and even if he does we still have Butters and Blackwell for the moment. He'll cost a fair whack though if Coppell wants him too.

And he isn't a spring chicken either.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Wilts said:
With all due respects, we really don't need Leon Knight. Seems to be doing a job in Division Two, yes, but he offers us nothing we already don't have.

???

Are you mental?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Josky said:
No he certainly can't.

Good point well made...

Arse. Pick me up on my linguistics will ya! :(

Nicky Forster is a slightly taller version of Leon Knight. Can do all the same things and can win headers too!

P.S. :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here