Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell vs. Poyet

Mr Everyone

Jan 12, 2008
Long Eaton
I think you could argue, Poyet is better than most Premiership managers. Given the total change in the style and effectiveness of our play in eleven months. Very little money has been spent in achieving this complete transformation.

Poyet and Taricco have a rosey future.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I for one was completely gutted after Coppell agreed to take over, then turned us down when he found out the transfer budget.

But f*** me, am I glad he did.

Others have said it, but I would not swap Gus for anyone at the moment. Even the likes of Ferguson or Wegner. I dont think anyone anywhere, could get more out of ths set of players at this level, and not forgetting if it wasn't for a few incredible refing discussions, and lack of a goalscoring striker, we'd be out of sight by now.

I think under Gus this side could push on for the play offs next season in the Champonship, with very little additions. We have the best young, manager in the country, and maybe with what he has to work with budget wise, maybe even the best manager in the country.

I don't think we'd lose him to a chamiponship club, or a premerishit club in the lower half of the table, but if he continues this progress into next season, I can see one of the big boys wanting him on board.

All hail King Gus:albion1:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I feel the same, scary :ohmy: How do we keep him?
If i was Tony Bloom i would dig very very deep to keep this one:bowdown:

Keeping Gus happy and VERY well paid should be Tone's number 1 priority-he is far more important to this club than any player(s) bought in and it should be made impossible for him to consider going anywhere.

Gus also has great entertainment value in his interviews-we need to hang on to him for this if nothing else:thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I think you could argue, Poyet is better than most Premiership managers. Given the total change in the style and effectiveness of our play in eleven months. Very little money has been spent in achieving this complete transformation.

Poyet and Taricco have a rosey future.
:thumbsup: I think he's definitely in the top ten as it stands today. What he's done with some of the players is just unbeleiveable.

I mean if someone said we'd be top of the league, and Adam El Abd would be playing football out of the back and was the first name down on the team sheet this time last year, you'd have had them committed. What he's done with Adam sums up what the man is capable of, and long may it contiue:bowdown:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
:thumbsup: I think he's definitely in the top ten as it stands today. What he's done with some of the players is just unbeleiveable.

I mean if someone said we'd be top of the league, and Adam El Abd would be playing football out of the back and was the first name down on the team sheet this time last year, you'd have had them committed. What he's done with Adam sums up what the man is capable of, and long may it contiue:bowdown:

Let's not forget Tanno's role in the development of Adam El Abd. We have a great coaching team now at the club, including Charlie Oatway and we need to keep all of them.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Let's not forget Tanno's role in the development of Adam El Abd. We have a great coaching team now at the club, including Charlie Oatway and we need to keep all of them.

You got in just before me as I was going to say EXACTLY that... Poyet/Tanno are a double act and I think Tanno's role really cannot be underestimated.

Therefore we need to make sure we keep both!

larus

I for one was completely gutted after Coppell agreed to take over, then turned us down when he found out the transfer budget.

But f*** me, am I glad he did.

Others have said it, but I would not swap Gus for anyone at the moment. Even the likes of Ferguson or Wegner. I dont think anyone anywhere, could get more out of ths set of players at this level, and not forgetting if it wasn't for a few incredible refing discussions, and lack of a goalscoring striker, we'd be out of sight by now.

I think under Gus this side could push on for the play offs next season in the Champonship, with very little additions. We have the best young, manager in the country, and maybe with what he has to work with budget wise, maybe even the best manager in the country.

I don't think we'd lose him to a chamiponship club, or a premerishit club in the lower half of the table, but if he continues this progress into next season, I can see one of the big boys wanting him on board.

All hail King Gus:albion1:

Don't always agree with you Mr B, but I think you've summed up exactly my thoughts. I really wanted Coppell back (as I believe he did a great job in difficult circumstances before), but am dead chuffed we have Gus.

FWIW, I think he'll stay for at least the first full year of Falmer. After that, who knows, but a lot will depend upon where he sees us going IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here