Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell vs. Poyet

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Considering how far we have grown under Poyet, does anyone STILL wish we had managed to get Coppell back for a 2nd tenure, rather than Gus?

You may think this is a ridiculous question, but I reckon there will be at least ONE person who will say they would've rather we got Coppell.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
F*cking Pardew? My brain has exploded. COPPELL vs. POYET should be the thread title, can a mod change it please?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You may think this is a ridiculous question, but I reckon there will be at least ONE person who will say they would've rather we got Coppell.
Why?
I bet there won't be. Unless there are any Bristol City fans on here.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Because there is never ANYTHING that 100% of NSC is united on. I'm just curious WHO it is going to be.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
facepalm2.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm very happy with Poyet but there is an argument to be made that Coppell would see it as his last job and, no matter how successful, he'd never be poached until he'd handed on to an approved successor.

I stress that I don't agree with that view myself but I can certainly appreciate that someone could argue it.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I still think we'd be in a similar postition table-wise, but without the stylish football.

As for Pardew, he's not fit to lick piss splashback of Gus' shiny shoes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And I give it 2 hours before someone DOES argue that viewpoint.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Id rather have Poyet than Mourinho or any other manager in the world at the moment to be honest.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I wouldn't swap Gus for ANY other MANAGER in the WORLD.

Seriously.

Completely agree. He is perfect in every single way.

As for Coppell, I never wanted him to be our manager, knew he would leave as soon as he could, and was glad when he went. His spell with us was hugely overrated by some.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldn't swap Gus for ANY other MANAGER in the WORLD.

Seriously.
Correct. I know it's getting ahead of ourselves, but I wouldn't rule out back to back promotions, such is the man's ability to lure good players, his tactical awareness and his ability to transform players who split fans opinion into undoubted class acts.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Agreed. Genuinely can't see a better option for our situation.

Tony Bloom, you are a genius. Excellent gambling there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here