Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell resigns as reading boss

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No great surprise there, there's been rumours for several weeks now. Reading's loss though.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Why would they free fall down the league? They have a strong squad, good financial backing, a modern stadium. Very attractive to an aspiring young and ambitious manager, or an experienced manager. Madjeski is no fool, he will find a suitable replacement.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
Why would they free fall down the league? They have a strong squad, good financial backing, a modern stadium. Very attractive to an aspiring young and ambitious manager, or an experienced manager. Madjeski is no fool, he will find a suitable replacement.

Hopefully he'll look at a former Stockport manager and not a manager currently employed

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
An excellent manager - as good as we've had IMHO.

Maybe he's had enough of Reading's crap support - not even 20,000 for a play-off match with the prize a trip to Wembley is embarrassing.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I heard that win or loose he was going at the end of the season so its no supprise really.

Good luck to the man!

That's how I read it - and given it happen so quickly after the game I reckon this is correct. Be interesting to sss if he wants to work again - I would guess he doesn't have to.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
An excellent manager - as good as we've had IMHO.

Maybe he's had enough of Reading's crap support - not even 20,000 for a play-off match with the prize a trip to Wembley is embarrassing.

my thoughts exactly - Falmer would be full for such a game. We can follow them up the leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here