Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell quote

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
:wave: :wave: :wave:
Shut the door on the way out.
Lets get someone now who really cares about the club.
Promote Bob Booker.Give him his chance.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
C1 BHA said:
and another thing dodge can I join your Guy Butters fan club?:)

Very exclusive, How long have you been a fan ?
Not just jumping on the band wagon are you ???? ???

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Please don't promote Bob Booker.........if Coppell goes we need a proven replacement. I'm thinking Joe Kinnear.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
I could go with Kinnear,did mention him back in the Hinshelwood days,He would be loyal aswell.Agree with that.
Just feel that Booker really has the Albion at heart and has been passed over a few times how long before he might walk.Doesn't he deserve a chance ? Or is he always going to be an assistant ?

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I just think it would be too much of a risk. We can't afford for another Hinshlewood situation. Bob Booker is a great bloke but seems destined to be a great number 2.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
like the others, he knew the score about stadiums etc before
he came.... obviously not happy here, why else would he be talking?? doesnt the club have the right to deny talks with other clubs? seems they are resigned to losing another good manager.

i'm fed up with it all.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
I'm sorry I can't be having all this "Great Manager" crap.
He's done nothing at all since he came here.
I read somewhere else on here someone saying he was one of our greatest ever managers!!!! Give me a break.
If he wants to go let him,I for one won't be unhappy but a few people who use this board know my views on the man.:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
oapdodge said:
Just feel that Booker really has the Albion at heart and has been passed over a few times how long before he might walk.Doesn't he deserve a chance ? Or is he always going to be an assistant ?

NOBODY "deserves" a chance.

We have to get the right man for the job, not just hand it to someone cos they've been around the club for ages. There are managers, and there are Number 2's.

Adams is a manager, not a number 2.
Hinsh is a number 2, not a manager.
Booker is a number 2, not a manager.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah but what if coppell turns reading down?
Now i take coppell as a loyal sort of manager,but do we no if he is rearly badly paid or what.???

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah but what if coppell turns reading down?
Now i take coppell as a loyal sort of manager,but do we no if he is rearly badly paid or what.???

Well, if DK is doing EVERYTHING to try and make him stay - surely he'd try and match what Reading were offering??

Having said that, don't really think this is going to be about money.

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
To say he has done nothing for this club is rubbish. Okay we were relegated last year but because of him we gave it one hell of a fight and very nearly stayed up after 12 straight defeats at the satrt of the season. We played good football last year despite being at the bottom of the table and he brought some dignity back to the club. Okay if he goes I'll be as pissed off as the rest of you - but given the opportunity of a job with a larger salary (presumably) with greater prospects (nice new stadium, higher division, chairman with money etc - and please don't start with this which is the bigger club bollox - WE HAVE NOT GOT A DECENT GROUND....YET!), what would you do if you were a football manager in his shoes - assuming you weren't an Albion fan like the rest of us??? Just 'cos we are the loyal it doesn't mean to say the players and coaches etc are.

Horton - supposedly one of own - pissed off and went to Port Vale, Adams - worshipped by everyone on this board pissed off to Leicester as a NUMBER TWO and they were BOTTOM of the Prem, and Peter Taylor of course pissed off as well - and they all cited the same reasons - LACK OF A DECENT GROUND.

And what if Coppell stays and shows some loyalty - then what? - is everyone that has said on this board things like 'I knew he had VD' and 'Palace Scum' and 'f*** off now Coppell', suddenly going to say 'Nice bloke Steve - he's a god - I told you he was going to stay!'

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Good points Dunno but it still doesn,t help when you see that Millard interview when he laughs!!! I,m not:angry:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Everyone is tense, and certainly dunno has the same train of thought as me, it all started with Nobby, how I hope the trend he started of bogging-off at the first opportunity ends here. I don't hold out too much hope though, however I have enough respect for Steve Coppell to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he'll do the right thing and honour his contract, if he decides against this then maybe I'll review my opinion.......

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It pains me to say it but if Coppell is going I'd rather he went tomorrow than next week. I for one won't be wishing him good luck on Saturday if he hangs around for an extra few days. What is it about Reading, their players and Chairman - they make me heartily sick.

:(

Last edited:

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
Yep - I agree about the hanging around a few days bit. If he is to go I would rather know now - I would be sick watching Saturday knowing he was definately going. Besides if he said he was going and was still in charge on Saturday - he'd have to be mad to face everyone - imagine the reception - he'd get :nono:

new signing

Jul 7, 2003
shepherds bush
Its quite simple. I will suport Steve and the albion on saturday if he is in charge. If not i will support whoever is in charge .I support the Albion full stop,and much as I might be gutted if Steve left I will ALWAYS support the team.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The thread from Sky Sports states that SC is 2nd choice if Hoddle turns the job down. Talk Sport reckon SC will be unveiled tomorrow.

With SC himself being co-erced (sp?) by Millard into saying he will be here on Saturday I can't help feeling that he's willing to wait for the Reading job even if he's not 1st choice.

Alternatively he could just be thinking about it and we know how long that can take him!

Whatever, if he intends to go I would rather he didn't turn up on Saturday and I won't be hurling abuse at him if he does go. I may well kiss and hug him if he stays though.

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
anyone else at the rushden game notice quite how mental all the players and coaching staff went after the final whistle,booker and dean white running on to the pitch and punching the air...funnily enough no coppell.
rewind a couple of years to port vale,last game of the season,promotion party and all that,taylor disappeared down the tunnell as soon as the whistle went,reappeared briefly after about 10 mins then disappeared again never to be seen again.
if coppell wants to go then fine,i for one never wanted him here and won't be shedding any tears over his immenent departure to a small town town near slough

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here