Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell quote!!!!!

Cybil Wrights

Mar 15, 2005
Historic Rottingdean
We did want him to stay. DK offered him a new deal didn't he?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon

Coppell is even starting to believe that story himself. I think Dick Knight being so (commendably) quick to sort out the compensation deal has given Coppell a handy excuse. It's unworthy of Coppell really and makes me think a little less of him. If Coppell didn't want to go Reading, he should not have agreed to be interviewed by Madjeski - it's only then that Knight sorted out the compensation. It all matters not anyway, because we have a better manager now whose methods are more geared to bringing sustainable rather than short-term success.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I have also heard from very reliable sources that DK was more interested in the cash than keeping Coppell. In my opinion he made the right desicion. We have the much better manager.

LDH

Sep 22, 2004
Maybe Knight didn't want to keep a manger who obviously wanted to be elsewhere. Or maybe Cop's just a lying shit.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
London Irish said:
Coppell is even starting to believe that story himself. I think Dick Knight being so (commendably) quick to sort out the compensation deal has given Coppell a handy excuse. It's unworthy of Coppell really and makes me think a little less of him. If Coppell didn't want to go Reading, he should not have agreed to be interviewed by Madjeski - it's only then that Knight sorted out the compensation. It all matters not anyway, because we have a better manager now whose methods are more geared to bringing sustainable rather than short-term success.

You believe what you want to believe on this matter,but you are miles off the truth.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Re: Re: Coppell quote!!!!!

Charlies Shinpad said:
Yes I heard it from the horses mouth nigh on,and it is true!

DK wanted the money more than he wanted SC.

FACT!!:angry:
can confirm this too

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
So what if DK wanted the money more than SC? In the end we got the money AND we eventually had a fab day out at the MillStad. Good business or what?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
yeah but if thats true...its all worked out ok for us

but should mean no bad blood towards coppell? well aside from palace link

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here