Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell Interview!!!!

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Just read the sun and it states that coppell is set for his interview at reading in case hoddle turns reading down.

It also states in coppells contract that he can leave at anytime for a better offer.
Well that is a bloody joke and nice to see dick has made a big effort to keep him with us and madjeski is a big admirer.

You get in to read and look at the table after a fantastic result and you get this shite.

This is very worrying now as hoddle has only just got sacked and can't see him jumping in so soon,so it looks pretty bleak to be honest for fu-cks sake.:angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :angry:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I have been told that he has already had an interview last week. He presumably turned them down.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I hope your right turkey and the sun is the only paper i believe!
The thing is its been quiet and i just hope its a good thing grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.:lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Turkey said:
I have been told that he has already had an interview last week. He presumably turned them down.

I want to hear it from him or DK. This is about the same time of the season that Adams suddenly walked, I'm worried.
Always a suprise just round the corner following the Albion:(

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Yeah thats the prob see turkey as if he dids turn it down then why has it not been mentioned.

Very worrying to say the least!:angry:

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
If he wants to go so be it, I will be dissapointed but it is something we are getting use to now, if we had a proper stadium no doubt Coppell would do a Peter Taylor on them thanks but no thanks.
I still think Jetski is a two faced **** though.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull said:
I want to hear it from him or DK. This is about the same time of the season that Adams suddenly walked, I'm worried.
Always a suprise just round the corner following the Albion:(

Reading aren't helping our cause by losing every game , was Pardew that good or are the the backroom staff there just incompetent?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah thats the prob see turkey as if he dids turn it down then why has it not been mentioned.

Very worrying to say the least!:angry:

Maybe he has had an interview and is now waiting to see if he's offered the job.

I hope not. I don't think he would want to leave. I think Reading will go for someone else anyway.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Lets be honest we have a stadium a whisker away and coppell should be well looked after and be kept end of it.

Knight needs to think long term and should have done something in the contract if the new stadium somehow falls through.
Whatever happens it will happen by friday latest thats for sure.:lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
From the BBC site, this would be good!

Graham backed for Royals appointment

By Stuart Roach

Theo Foley was Graham's number two at Arsenal
Theo Foley believes Arsenal legends George Graham and Tony Adams are both worthy candidates to take over the managerial reins at Reading.

But the former Gunners assistant manager does not think the two will be combined in an experimental double act at the Berkshire club.

Both Graham and Adams are reported to have been interviewed for the vacant job at the Madejski Stadium.

And Foley believes Graham remains the outstanding candidate to take over from Alan Pardew, who resigned earlier this month.

"George Graham certainly still has a lot to offer, in fact he has loads to offer," Foley told this website.

He added: "Tony Adams in management would be very new and would badly need someone like George Graham, but whether they could work together I do not know.

It would be good for the game to see George Graham back in management

Theo Foley
"That's a bit far fetched for me because Tony has never had a job or worked at that level and he won't really know exactly what his role would be in order to help George."

And Foley feels his former Highbury boss would relish a return to management, despite having been out of football's front line since he was sacked by Tottenham three years ago.

"George is a first class manager. His record stands with anybody's and his achievement of going in to a new club and making it work is there for all to see.

"The longer you stay out you realise there is another life out there. But whenever I speak to him he is as enthusiastic as can be.

"I think it would be good for the game to see him back in management

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Well as i said to wilts my inside info was graham and adams so just waiting to see.

Mind you i don't think coppell would like to go in as 2nd or 3rd choice and exspecially behind bible man hoddle.:lolol: :lolol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
berkshire seagull said:
Just read the sun and it states that coppell is set for his interview at reading in case hoddle turns reading down.
Oh well if it was in The Sun then there's no hope for us is there? It must be true. :dunce:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Here's something to chew on:

Horton - Top of Div 2 with Vale
Adams - Premiership football, mixing it with the big boys
Taylor - Top of Div 3 with Hull
Coppell - ?

Make no mistake, if Coppell walks it would be a catastrophe of biblical proportions. Cullip would follow within the month. Yes, we've always bounced back but could this be a bridge too far?

Is there any loyalty left in football? We'll soon find out.

All those slagging off Glenn Hoddle over the last few months better start praying...

ChutneyStirrer

Sep 14, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
Make no mistake, if Coppell walks it would be a catastrophe of biblical proportions. Cullip would follow within the month.

Why is it that every time the possibility of our manager leaving comes up somebody says Cullip will also be leaving?? Explain yerself....!!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
SOme sort of statement from the club would be nice, but we know theres more chance of hell freezing over than any sort of PR out the club. :angry:

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
why cant we keep a good manager longer than a season? we gotta keep coppell, first division footy next season then who knows the prem?:clap:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
berkshire seagull said:
Well as i said to wilts my inside info was graham and adams so just waiting to see.

Mind you i don't think coppell would like to go in as 2nd or 3rd choice and exspecially behind bible man hoddle.:lolol: :lolol:

Berks, I bow to your inside info :bowdown:

That's pretty impressive... I didn't know that George Graham had been interviewed, or was even interested!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
brighton_b0y said:
why cant we keep a good manager longer than a season?

Could be something to do with our crap stadium, lousy training facilities and lack of funds for team building/wages.

Just a guess mind.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here