Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell Declared Out Of Race

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The grapevine was that he had been offered the job a while back. For me, the fact that the club said they wouldn't be announcing until next week was the writing on the wall.

On the positive side, I suppose he might have bailed after a few months leaving the club with the same problem a bit later. Great manager, but seemingly a bit of a quitter, for whatever reason.

Let's be honest here, he may have been offered or he might not. Or he might be a sweetener to get Wise in. In any outcome we've once again sacked a manager without a suitable replacement being around.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
You know what will happen now. We'll thrash Wycombe and Hinshelwood will get the job.

Hey could this be a smoke screen by poker ace Bloom. Bingo Bongo we get our man on Monday?! Whad ya think? ?

P.A.L.A.C.E....... *snigger*

oh well sure we'll get someone in soon!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mr Jewell is in Florida playing golf and is not interested

No thanks, every since he got stung in a tabloid newspaper after making a little bedtime video with a lady, I've not been able to look at the bloke without thinking of his blubbery backside going up and down.

It's not a nice image to have at Withdean every other weekend.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
OH SHIT!
Either Curbs is going or Wise is coming and if he does come:

I'm not going to even bother anymore, hate Wise, he's shit, uses youtube as his "scouting" source. What type of manager is he!? A shit one.

Curbs for the Albion.

BLOOM HERE US OUT!

These are bad times!!!! Coppell was the one i thought would take us up and away, now i reckon it's doom and gloom and Brighton and Hove Albion at the moment. We need someone like Curbs, can't think of anyone else!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
"One of the first names and on initial contact ruled himself out" Can still be twisted as "we never got our first choice".
I suspect that if he had ruled himself out immediately then we would have heard this days ago just to quell any expectation. This smacks of SC being offered but turning us down after a few days consideration

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I always knew Coppell wouldn't come but there are plenty of other high calibre maangers out of work at the moment so we won't be short of decent candidates just the matter of picking the best one for the job.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
the fact that bloom saw coppell sunday made it look like it was in the bag,but he also said he was looking at others including a mystery man,spoke to a couple of players today,they havent a clue

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I always knew Coppell wouldn't come but there are plenty of other high calibre maangers out of work at the moment so we won't be short of decent candidates just the matter of picking the best one for the job.
Ruel Fox for certain.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
lets be honest,curbs and copps to good for us and both could manage higher up in the next few weeks.As long as he has links to us,i dont really care who it is,all i know is he will have a good 3/4 season and next to get us where we should be,championship

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Really disappointed. The only thing that would make me feel more deflated than I do right now would be if Wise was appointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here