Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell deal nearly done?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
.......but we then get Phil Brown, so it's not all bad.

But we don't want the perfumed ponce do we? He'd bankrupt us with his demands for mirrors all over Falmer so that he could check that his fake tan wasn't running. There'd be no more team talks, he'd just be in the corner reading the latest GANT catalogue while the players sat around.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
You may as well forget Coppell, he will be the next Hull manager. I will be glad when we sign someone as i am pissed off with people writing such crap on here. If you now nothing say nothing, simples.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Why would anyone go to Hull. Yes, I know that they are in the Premiership, but surely they are on their way down. If they do, then they may be another Leeds/Southampton/Charlton and go into administration etc.

Maybe Southgate would want that, but I'm doubting Coppell or Curbishley would want it.

Plus, I believe that Coppell and Curbishley wouldn't even enter into talks with the Albion if they only interested in the Premier League. It we asked them and they only interested in a Prem League Club then it would be a swift "thanks, but no thanks".

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
You may as well forget Coppell, he will be the next Hull manager. I will be glad when we sign someone as i am pissed off with people writing such crap on here. If you now nothing say nothing, simples.

To be honest, if we lose Coppell, it will mean that Curbishley will not be going to them and remains available to us. That would be perfectly acceptable to me.

Obviously, there is always the Wise/Poyet dream team in the mix.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Can we believe Bloom has really sacked Slade and now wants to see who is up for the job as suggested by the Albion website, 'We are in no hurry' quote, it would be the only way to test the water I guess, as to do it while Russell was in charge would have been be too disrespectful. So if that is true we may have Mr. Hinselwood in charge for a few games!!! Remembering him last time, those tough games this month should be entertaining!!

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
The one thing that worries me about Coppell is that he seemed to have given up towards the end of his reign at Reading and looked a beaten man in the last few interviews, I just hope he can get that hunger back otherwise we may have another Adams on our hands.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
The one thing that worries me about Coppell is that he seemed to have given up towards the end of his reign at Reading and looked a beaten man in the last few interviews, I just hope he can get that hunger back otherwise we may have another Adams on our hands.

Yes we got our fingers burnt with Micky. But Coppell, unlike Adams since he left us has gone on to manage at a higher level. Slade did a fantastic job last season in keeping us up, which was the priority. This season it hasn't worked out for him. It's time for an experienced head to come in and lead us to Falmer

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Why do people always say this? Say, for example, you knew Martin Perry, and he told you in confidence that Coppell would sign today. Would you come on here and say "Martin Perry told me that Coppell will sign today". What do you think he would think of that, is he likely to give you any inside info again in the future?

Because if it was that much of a secret then Martin Perry et al would not have told you. Also, it makes a huge amount of difference if you were told by someone at the club, a player, your mate or some pissed bloke down the pub don't you think?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
OI ! Smarty pants thats already been said in bloody great red letters about 3 posts above yours !
Don't be in such a hurry to correct other people !

Yes I know but it wasn't there when I started writing a reply (I had a phone call straight after) and someone beat me to it - so they were the ones in a real hurry to correct other people.:lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Because if it was that much of a secret then Martin Perry et al would not have told you. Also, it makes a huge amount of difference if you were told by someone at the club, a player, your mate or some pissed bloke down the pub don't you think?

Yes of course it does, but if someone is genuinely close to someone very high up at the club, who tells them some inside information in confidence, then they are not going to put their name up on here, are they? And if they said "I was told by someone at the club" then everyone is still going to want to know who.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Tilson would get us into the champ next season, but doubt he could keep us there, look what happened with southend, spent a lot of money, and went like 16 games without winning.

Coppell can do both though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here