Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Coppell: Brighton would be a BIGGER club than Reading

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Taken from the official site. Coppell admits we are BIGGER than Reading, which is what we all knew, of course!

Interviewer: "Steve, a fantastic turnout, probably more than you've ever seen inside Withdean, a fantastic turnout and great to see you here as well."

Steve Coppell: "Well, it's pleased to be here because you just see the support, what it means to so many people, you know, this club was abused in the past to lose it's stadium and now let's hope that the people in that building there listen and give the right verdict and a stadium is on it's way."

Interviewer: "You've obviously, now at Reading, they've got a fantastic stadium and I suppose this season all things go well you'll be on the cusp of the Premiership. It just shows what you can achieve for a club of, sort of, Brighton's stature similar to Reading."

Steve Coppell: "Well, to be fair, I think Brighton would be a bigger club than Reading, there's no doubt about that, but a stadium doesn't make a club. What makes a club is it's supporters and even though, as such, you've been out in the wilderness for many, many years without a home, a real home, I think this turnout here this evening just shows what it does mean to so many people and how important it is to the local community and also how vital it is that a stadium is on it's way in the future at some time."

stevecoppellinterview3li.jpg

View the video here:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
I hate Reading:drink:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Should have stayed with a big club!:lolol:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Copp is a true gent, turning up for the March and he keeps fighting our corner.

Well done Stevie!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I take my hat off to him. That takes some bollox saying that and turning up to the march.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm frankly pissed off with folks banging on about out potential, this crap has been spouted since the goldstone was demolished, I want action, not 'potential' come on Prescott SAY YES

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I do get annoyed with some of the narrow minded tossers from all clubs who don't know the facts and wish us to go out of business, pathetic really. :angry: :angry:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bhaexpress said:
I do get annoyed with some of the narrow minded tossers from all clubs who don't know the facts and wish us to go out of business, pathetic really. :angry: :angry:

Just feel sorry for them that they haven't got any brain cells.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
To be fair, a lot of people posting on that Reading thread can see sense in his comments. I am not too sure that would be the case if the boot was on the other foot.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
GUNTER said:
To be fair, a lot of people posting on that Reading thread can see sense in his comments. I am not too sure that would be the case if the boot was on the other foot.

Now there's a thought......

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
GUNTER said:

No, because if it was the other way round, it would be a blatant falsehood!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yorkie said:
Now there's a thought......

Fair comment Yorkie I think you're right. My thing is that our fan base must have been eroded by virtue of the fact that many people will have lost interest, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Maybe.

There are also a lot of supportive Reading fans on that thread too which is really nice.

Just ignore the small minded idiots and focus on those who want to see us come through this.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
well done steve, anything to wind reading fans up:clap: :clap:

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Wow....have just read that thread from the Reading board,and most of them are right behind us AND actualy agree that with Falmer we would become a huge club.

Has changed my opinion of Reading fans a bit i must say:clap2: :clap2:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
bhaexpress said:
Fair comment Yorkie I think you're right. My thing is that our fan base must have been eroded by virtue of the fact that many people will have lost interest, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think I am.

I don't think we'll struggle for crowds. Football is far more fashionable than it was in the dying days of the Goldstone. Looking at the march last night, there must be loads of families whose kids are desperate to see matches for real rather than on telly. Withdean's not exactly appealing, but stick the Albion in a proper stadium and it'll be a big day out. I certainly know people who'd go if we had a decent ground with a good atmosphere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here