Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Copa America - Moises Caicedo

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Any news from the Equador camp on Moises injury ? looked bad to me, hope he is ok and just a minor knock and not something more serious.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Oh s**t - they're going to play him when he's not fit aren't they? 'Play through the pain', exacerbate the damage and crock him for the season.

Let’s hope not. Let’s hope that the injury is only a bit of inflammation and that it’s quite reasonable to play him ( I can’t believe this is the case the way he went down), or that they just want to keep him around the squad and not show their cards to Argentina regarding the fact that he’s unlikely to be fit.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I get that Argentina is a big game but he collapsed and was stretchered off in his last game wasn’t he?

Granted we don’t have the detailed medical info but all I’m imagining is him getting crocked for a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Phew! Just watched it on iPlayer (from 70 mins - thanks for the tip [MENTION=355]Juan Albion[/MENTION])

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Lots of people sharing their "Albion XI" on social media, but no one considering Caicedo - who at one point was talked about like he'd be the next Messiah. Have we gone off him a bit? Just been forgotten whilst he's in S America? Not fulfilling his promise just yet?

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Lots of people sharing their "Albion XI" on social media, but no one considering Caicedo - who at one point was talked about like he'd be the next Messiah. Have we gone off him a bit? Just been forgotten whilst he's in S America? Not fulfilling his promise just yet?
He's 19 and has not yet played for the First Team - give him a chance!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

So was Baluta

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He's 19 and has not yet played for the First Team - give him a chance!

I'm all for him and whilst he is young, expectations when he arrived were very high (Biss replacement was often mentioned). Of course we should give him a chance. Maybe the fact that the excitement and hype around him has cooled a little says more about us fans (new shiny objects to get excited about) than about him and his progress!!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Hopefully he’ll break into the team this season.

Will be exciting if he lives up to the hype.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

It's a huge step up from the Ecuadorian league to Premier League and he's still very young. One for the future, rather than now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here