Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Copa America - Moises Caicedo

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I missed the match but it’s really interesting hearing people’s opinions.

Do you think Caicedo is suited to a Zeqiri style 1st session with us, confined almost exclusively to the bench, or do you believe like Lamptey, he’ll pretty quickly break though.

My preference would be a Championship loan if he is destined to get a similar amount of minutes to Zeqiri. Is he better than that?

It’s going to be a difficult decision. There’s an article in the Argus re his possible routes to the first team. To send out on a season loan to the Championship will be hard on him when his English is only just developing and he’s a full Equador international. He’s still only 19. I think he’ll be assessed and given some game time pre season to see how he does. I think a lot will depend on whether Buss goes. If he stays I see his opportunities being quite limited. If he goes then I think he has a chance of some game time.
If he did go on loan I wonder whether there is a better fit than the Championship.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I missed the match but it’s really interesting hearing people’s opinions.

Do you think Caicedo is suited to a Zeqiri style 1st session with us, confined almost exclusively to the bench, or do you believe like Lamptey, he’ll pretty quickly break though.

My preference would be a Championship loan if he is destined to get a similar amount of minutes to Zeqiri. Is he better than that?

No, I'm firmly of the opinion he needs to be in the Prem squad. Potter needs to do exactly with Caicedo what he did with Bissouma. Pre-season will be key, as we need to see how he copes with the pace and power of Premier league football. What he's got that marks him apart from the likes of Molumby and Alzate is his speed of pass - one touch or two touch then gone.

Hopefully, Sanchez, Alzate, MacAllister can all help him settle and - who knows - there may be other arrivals from South America in the coming days.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You can watch the match back in full via iPlayer >> https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p09jylj5/copa-america-2021-venezuela-v-ecuador caicedo.png

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The match was worth watching for the Caicedo factor, but as a spectacle it was low quality. I would expect most teams in the Championship to beat both sides.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
A reminder for everyone that Caicedo has started again for Ecuador against Peru this afternoon, currently 12 minutes in.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2-0 Ecuador as well

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Another good display so far by Moisés. Helped set the first goal up with a lovely disguised pass and then another lovely ball into the box for a good chance which was blocked. I think he got a very slight flick on for Ecuador's 2nd.
Very calm in possession, good one touch passing and good shielding of the ball. Difficult to believe he's only 19.
If you want to be encouraged by our young talent, watch the recording available on the BBC. Ecuador v Peru.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He’s playing further up the pitch today, Ecuador fans moaning he was to deep last game. I like the look of this young man controls the pace of the game when on the ball.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He also doesn't look like a DM. Much like Moder, he is a box to box midfielder but particularly good creatively. Both seem to be fantastic passers. Really excited about the prospect of them playing together at some point next season.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Another good display so far by Moisés. Helped set the first goal up with a lovely disguised pass and then another lovely ball into the box for a good chance which was blocked. I think he got a very slight flick on for Ecuador's 2nd.
Very calm in possession, good one touch passing and good shielding of the ball. Difficult to believe he's only 19.
If you want to be encouraged by our young talent, watch the recording available on the BBC. Ecuador v Peru.

All-time US cap-leader Cobi Jones bigging him up on Fox Sports' coverage for making the near-post run and drawing two players out from the middle.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
2-1

all going Pete Tong

2-2

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Great to hear [emoji106]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Comedy defending there down Ecuador's left.

I see Ecuador haven't beaten a South American side in the Copa America for 20 years.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Oh dear, he just went down in the box clutching his face after being very lightly touched there - we'll need to coach that out of him for the Prem.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Oh dear, he just went down in the box clutching his face after being very lightly touched there - we'll need to coach that out of him for the Prem.

That was embarrassing, like something you'd see from a Villa player.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Unfortunately it has become part of the game now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here