Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cookery corner - Todays main ingredient is cod.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Morning all.

I've a couple of cod fillets, a few prawns & now need a recipe for something other than fish pie.

I have in the past, flaked the fish, mix with parsley & creme fraiche wrap it in pastry and oven bake.
So something along those lines isn't needed.

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
Make a prawn pilaff rice, using rice, the prawns, peas, maybe fine onion, garlic, small amount chilli powder & whatever else you want (hard boiled eggs??) season cod well, buy a small tin of crab meat, coat the top of the cod with the crab meat mized with lemon juice - oven in foil & then take of foil blitz under the grill for a min or two once done in oven. Chuck crab crusted cod on top of rice, ice cold white wine & Luvvverleeee.........

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Make it into fish cakes.

Little garlic, some ginger, chilli if you like it, put that in a food processor and whizz together, add in the prawns and cod until it's all mashed together, I put coriander in as well.

Shape into as many fish cakes as you want - I make tiny ones because the kids like to put them on skewers. Put on a lined or greased baking tray and bake for about 15 minutes at 200c.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Get in there QUICK boys, with Cod now an endangered species due to over farming, it wont belong till theres non left

:(

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Stst Brother said:
Morning all.

I've a couple of cod fillets, a few prawns & now need a recipe for something other than fish pie.

I have in the past, flaked the fish, mix with parsley & creme fraiche wrap it in pastry and oven bake.
So something along those lines isn't needed.

bake it in a shallow casserole dish. spread a little butter over the base of the dish, place the two cod fillets in.

meanwhile put a tin of chopped tomatoes on to simmer and thicken. add salt pepper origano and a little garlic. a splash of red wine vinegar. when well reduced add the prawns and pour over the cod fillets.

bake at a moderate heat for 20 mins or so and garnish with some parsley.

voila!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
in foil, with butter and a splash of white wine. You can add a bayleaf. In the over for 20 mins at 150c. Servie with a sprig of parsley and lemon.

serve with new potatoes and peas (with fresh mint).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wandering into the village soon, & so far BBH is just leading some quality looking meals.

Don't know if Clapham Gull is about today, as this normally is his speciality

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Isn't cod an endangered species?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Man of Harveys said:
Isn't cod an endangered species?

yes, I believe COD is well on its way to extinction..

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Fry an onion with a clove of garlic (sliced ala Good fellas style), add chopped green or red pappers. Meanwhile dice the cod, roll in breadcrumbs then add to mixture after about 5 - 10 mins. Then add tomato puree and chopped tomatos, add a splash of white wine and simmer for 10 mins before serving with mashed potato.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dick Knights Mum said:
There must be a place for Huss.

you Sir are a Comedy Genius

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here