Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Convenient injury

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Why does everyone think we're hopeless without him??

I think if we're gonna make the playoffs, we'll do it regardless of GoC.

Anyway I've heard from a source whose also "close to the club" that we're getting Stevie Gerrard on a free so we'l be fiiiiine.........

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Possibly heresy, but I think he is overrated.

I grant you he has a lot of time on the ball but sits too deep, rarely does the killer pass, never looked like scoring and wasn't a great tackler.

Let Hammond push on a bit and play Fraser or El-Abd in the holding position.

Not heresy at all. I 100% agree with you. I don't think we are not any worse without O'Callaghan.

A midfield of Cox - Hammond - Fraser - Robinson, and perm Reid somewhere into that lot is perfectly acceptable. For me, it's the defence that needs stengthening. Sure, they've done OK, but some schoolboy errors have been creeping in a bit.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
For me, it's the defence that needs stengthening. Sure, they've done OK, but some schoolboy errors have been creeping in a bit.

I felt at the start of the season that we needed another centre back, Lynch and Elphick have done well when fit whereas Hinsh just cant get fit in the first place, El Abd will allways be just a stop gap in any position and Butters allthough great at getting a head or boot on things tends to lose out on things when a bit of speed is required.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
The club must think that we fans came down in the last shower if they think that we believe for one second that O'Callaghan is injured.

What annoys me about the rancour within the club this last week or so is that the fans - who, after all, are the lifeblood of the club - are the last to hear what truly goes on behind the scenes. Yet the club still expects us to turn out in force, home and away, to support the team.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not heresy at all. I 100% agree with you. I don't think we are not any worse without O'Callaghan.

A midfield of Cox - Hammond - Fraser - Robinson, and perm Reid somewhere into that lot is perfectly acceptable. For me, it's the defence that needs stengthening. Sure, they've done OK, but some schoolboy errors have been creeping in a bit.

Where does that leave us on the backup front? We would be desperately short on numbers in the midfield. I guess Rents/Loft can backup on the left. Chamberlain?

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Fraser in, O'Callaghan out with a "groin injury"

Kuipers, Whing, Rents, Lynch, El Abd, Martot, Fraser, Hammond, Cox, Revell, Forster

Subs: Butters, Reid, Robinson, Loft, Elder

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Seriously though, it could be true. And even if it's not you can't blame them, they were honest about Cox's omission and still got slated for not telling all and sundry the exact nature of his misdemenour. Perhaps they just thought "f*** it, he's on his way, why add more insult to injury" if you'll excuse the pun.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

I grant you he has a lot of time on the ball but sits too deep, rarely does the killer pass, never looked like scoring and wasn't a great tackler.

Isnt a dig at you, but how come players that leave where never that good anyway?

He clearly is that good,

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
El-Abd, Mayo, Hart, er...

:shudders:

Hart maybe if he can suitably impress at Havant and turn it around, but not a great fan of El-Abd in midfield in the long run if we suffer some long term injuries and I think Mayo will be leaving soon.

We haven't had many junior breakthroughs this season. Only Elphick and Fraser spring to mind.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Definitely acceptable though i'd still like to see someone with a bit of experience come into that midfield, Gavin Mahon wants out at Watford...

Need a replacement for Savage though, Fleetwood!!, or one of Forest's wide variety of strikers... Grant Holt ? havn't seen much of him lately...

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Definitely acceptable though i'd still like to see someone with a bit of experience come into that midfield, Gavin Mahon wants out at Watford...

Need a replacement for Savage though, Fleetwood!!, or one of Forest's wide variety of strikers... Grant Holt ? havn't seen much of him lately...

No chance if they want more than 2-pints a week...milk & water then maybe

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
G O'C came did a job and is going again.

He did quite well, certainly made players like Fraser raise their game and also dare I say made look Hammond a bit of a donkey to begin with so some good came of it.

But I dont think we will miss him that much *if* Hammond and Fraser (and Reid) can perform to their full potential.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
R U sure? Lets face it he was one of the only players I have seen play for us lately who could actually pass to his team mates on a consistent basis......

The future does not look good without re-inforcements

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004

Its mainly because Wilkins has been playing him as a defensive midfielder when he has played his career elsewhere as an attacking midfielder/striker. I think the video below shows exactly what he can do if we plaid him as a more forward player ;)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0eMN9RxJHqk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here