Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I wish Glenn Murray still played for us

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not controversial at all. The majority of us (who saw him last season) do.

No point dwelling on it. It's done now.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Some of us said this all along.

For example, I said this all along.

No point crying over spilt milk though is there? We're not going to sign him back.

Sep 28, 2011
Genuine question - what was wrong with his attitude?
Since he's been with us I've not seen anything wrong with it - gives 110%, tries his heart out and always has a chat in the Players Lounge after the game, no ego or anything...
Shocked to hear that you had a different view tbh.

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Me t.....Oh wait he does.

Class player. Thanks for developing him to a standard good enough to play for Crystal Palace, it's genuinely appreciated.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
GM > CMS

CMS having to run around like a headless chicken, as he has no support, bit sad on him. Hope we can sign Paynter.

but CMS + GM = Top 2 potential

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
All managers are going to make mistakes. This looks like being Gus's biggest so far. Unless of course it was Bloom refusing to break the wage structure. Maybe with sides now full of ex-Premiership players that will be one thing that will have to go. I'm not suggesting we pay Leicester-style wages - look where that has got them, but if we can't afford to pay 10% of Wayne Bridge's wages (not that I'm suggesting we should have done and Manchester City probably wanted more than that), it suggests we will be a long way off competing at least in the upper levels of this division for some while. I'm prepared to wait (provided we don't suffer relegation in the meantime, not just this season but any of the next few - could be very serious for the club's financial model if lots of the new STH decide not to renew; don't worry about me, I went to Gillingham and put up with Wilkins football), but is everyone?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Genuine question - what was wrong with his attitude?
Since he's been with us I've not seen anything wrong with it - gives 110%, tries his heart out and always has a chat in the Players Lounge after the game, no ego or anything...
Shocked to hear that you had a different view tbh.

When he first joined he did not get on with the then manager Dean Wilkins. This was partly due to Murray being recruited behind Wilkins' back, and partly due to them both being fairly shy, quiet blokes, Wilkins then had a mystery illness/ nervous breakdown (no one knows for sure) towards the end of the season, and Glenn was having domestic problems as his partner did not settle down south.

He put in a transfer request within a couple of months of signing due to his poor relationship with Wilkins. When Wilkins was sacked Mickey Adams persuaded him to stay, but a misdiagnosed hernia meant that Murray only played half the following season, and was sent off for elbowing a player, as well as collecting a lot of unnecessary yellows.

Start of following season he started on bench against Brentford. He had put in another transfer request as his partner had left him and taken the kid with her. When he came off the bench our 'witty' fans sang songs about his ex. At the end of the match he didn't 'respect' said fans by clapping them as he came off the pitch and they went mental at him.

Two more red cards that season, plus his ongoing undiagnosed injury restricted appearances. His shy demeanour was interpreted as aloofness and moody. Because he didn't run about like a headless chicken it was interpreted as laziness.

His full fitness and finding a new partner coincided with Gus arriving. Certainly his disciplinary record has improved, but his goals:games record was fairly consistent under the four managers he played under during his time at the club. A practically full season in 2010/11, coupled with domestic harmony, coming into his playing prime, a better style of play and better players around him, meant that he scored 22 last year.

waddoneagle

Jan 7, 2010
When he first joined he did not get on with the then manager Dean Wilkins. This was partly due to Murray being recruited behind Wilkins' back, and partly due to them both being fairly shy, quiet blokes, Wilkins then had a mystery illness/ nervous breakdown (no one knows for sure) towards the end of the season, and Glenn was having domestic problems as his partner did not settle down south.

He put in a transfer request within a couple of months of signing due to his poor relationship with Wilkins. When Wilkins was sacked Mickey Adams persuaded him to stay, but a misdiagnosed hernia meant that Murray only played half the following season, and was sent off for elbowing a player, as well as collecting a lot of unnecessary yellows.

Start of following season he started on bench against Brentford. He had put in another transfer request as his partner had left him and taken the kid with her. When he came off the bench our 'witty' fans sang songs about his ex. At the end of the match he didn't 'respect' said fans by clapping them as he came off the pitch and they went mental at him.

Two more red cards that season, plus his ongoing undiagnosed injury restricted appearances. His shy demeanour was interpreted as aloofness and moody. Because he didn't run about like a headless chicken it was interpreted as laziness.

His full fitness and finding a new partner coincided with Gus arriving. Certainly his disciplinary record has improved, but his goals:games record was fairly consistent under the four managers he played under during his time at the club. A practically full season in 2010/11, coupled with domestic harmony, coming into his playing prime, a better style of play and better players around him, meant that he scored 22 last year.

Glen now realises what it is like to play for a proper club with proper fans that watch all the 90 minutes

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Massive mistake by the club to let him go.

We would definitely be top six (or higher) right now if we still had him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here