Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

controversail as ever

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes I can't spell!!!

I think you cannot play Butters and Cullip together. They both play the same sort of game and both end up wanting to go for the same ball. When Cullip was injured and Butters and Pethick played together we looked far more secure.

If it was me I would play Butters and Zesh in the middle and get another couple of midfielders in.

Zesh is known to prefer playing at the back

Dave

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
and pethick!!!! playing!!!!! what you been smoking

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
not bad thinking Dave, Cullip in my mind could do with a kick up the arse to tell him to get into gear...then again so do half the other players!
But Butters is old so I change my mind and say drop him and play Cullip :)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That is exaclty what I am saying.

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

PS YOu up for any NSC Albion games mate?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
talking to me Dave? ???

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I wouldn't want to drop Cullip.

I agree totally that the defence has looked ropey since they have both been playing. Last season they were dreadful together, ok, so nobody was playing well at that point, but Butters and Cullip never seemed to work.

Maybe Cullip doesn't like playing with him? I seem to remember him bawling Butters out on more than one occasion last season.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I can't play for NSC Albion, as we've now got a baby and I just can't find the time - unfortunately.
Also, I'm not sure I could play for a manager who would drop Cullip :D

Cadman

Jul 7, 2003
I don't think Rehman touched the ball in the entire 90mins against Stockport. I've seen him twice now and he's been absolute garbage each time.

I thought we had got a result when Fulham called him back.

DROP CULLIP...........YOU MUST BE NUTS.!!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ive been saying it for ages !

Cullip should partner Hinsh in the middle.
Watto and Mayo as full backs.

Grrrrr how many times do i have to say it.....BUTTERS is SHITE !

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
*HUDDERSFIELD FAN*

*HUDDERSFIELD FAN*

*HUDDERSFIELD FAN*

*HUDDERSFIELD FAN*

*HUDDERSFIELD FAN*

*HUDDERSFIELD FAN*

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
i think this just backs up what people have been saying about people being "safe" in their positions because theyve been at the club for a while.

This is slightly out of date, but for the 4 games that he has missed, we have only let one goal in (rushden and diamonds). Coincidence?? i dont think so.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Cadman said:
I don't think Rehman touched the ball in the entire 90mins against Stockport. I've seen him twice now and he's been absolute garbage each time.

But superb on his debut at Rushden, and not just the quality goal he scored. If he can re-capture that form then he'll be incredible. Although the phrase "re-capture that form" could be applied to so many players at the mo.

Dave - I do agree with the two of them not being ideal together, but can't agree with dropping Cullip. Even if he's not playing superbly he's still not afraid to give the others a good bollocking, something we'll miss if he's not on the field. Play Pethick or Hinshelwood alongside Danny.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Butters is rock solid at the mo, ask Ben Roberts when he fell on him at Plymouth !

I get the impression Danny doesn't like playing with a Centre-Half worse than himself. He was great with Morgan and Blackwell, but put him with Butters or Pethick and he seems to have a strop because no-one bails him out of his own cock-ups.

This is probably because he is panicking that he doesn't know what the rest of his defence is doing. This on top of him being Captain is not good.

I say give him a few spliffs before kick-off to relax him, relieve him of the Captaincy and give it to Kerry Mayo. Then his game is bound to improve !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here