Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
From Argus

White happy in new role

by Tom Gurney

DEAN White insists he is happy with his new role as head scout at Albion.

White was switched from reserve team manager as part of a backroom reshuffle last week.

It was one of the changes made as a compromise solution to resolve the future of Mark McGhee, which was prompted by investor Tony Bloom.

White held a similar position when he first joined the Seagulls under Micky Adams.

He said: "This is not a step backwards for me, this is something which I was working quite intensely on anyway.

"We talked about expanding our scouting network last Christmas and I have been doing a lot of it ever since.

"I missed quite a few first team games at the end of the season because I was going to look at players. I went to places like France and Poland and was travelling all over the country.

"It was difficult for me to give it my full attention but now I can concentrate and develop it.

"I did enjoy working with the young players but this is something I am happy doing. It gives me the chance to set up contacts across the country and to travel abroad."

White believes scouting is an area Albion have failed to fully exploit and has big plans for the future.

He said: "A club like ours doesn't have lots of money to buy players so youth and scouting are very important.

"You have to be ahead of the game and to get players before others do. We have to look at setting up agents in other countries to try to pick up players we might usually miss.

"Other clubs are doing it, you can see that by the number of foreigners in the gameand we don't want to be left behind.

"Football is a global game now, so we have to make sure we are part of it. But it is not just abroad where we need to expand.

"If you look at our youth teams, they are mainly made up of boys from Sussex. We have to look all over the country to get the best players."

The nine-out-of-contract players are due to have their futures resolved today. The nine-out-of-contract players are due to have their futures resolved today.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
McCammon and McPhee i would think will be released

Oatway and Hart should get at least a year

That leaves Mayo, Butters, Chippy, Nicolas and Dodd..... as for them i wouldn't be surprised either way.

Like to see Mayo and Butters stay.... as for the others maybe time to make space for new faces

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
blockhseagull said:
McCammon and McPhee i would think will be released

Oatway and Hart should get at least a year

That leaves Mayo, Butters, Chippy, Nicolas and Dodd..... as for them i wouldn't be surprised either way.

Like to see Mayo and Butters stay.... as for the others maybe time to make space for new faces

I personally would give hart 2 years oatway, mayo a year and offer a contract to nicholas 2/3 years although i doubt he will accept. Replease chippy and offer dodd pay as you play. Im torn on guy, not sure hes up to another season but will trust the clubs judgement. If MM can kiss and make up with big mac he should be given a year.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Kinky Gerbils said:
The nine-out-of-contract players are due to have their futures resolved today.

Thats the first we've heard about it :rolleyes:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Rumour has it that Chris McPhee was heard practicing the words "would you like fries with that" at the end of season party in February, so it is not looking good for him, unless he can get a job in a 'Specials' tribute band

terry_n_fan.jpg

0,,10433~397400,00.jpg

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Re: Re: Re: Contracts to be sorted today

BarrelofFun said:
Again!!?

Did they instruct you to phone them up regularly, to find out what is going on?

No instructions. Just waiting by the phone for the past 2 weeks.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Contracts to be sorted today

Race said:
No instructions. Just waiting by the phone for the past 2 weeks.

Fairly poor communication!!! Good luck today. hope you get what you want...

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Contracts to be sorted today

Bald Gull said:
Fairly poor communication!!! Good luck today. hope you get what you want...

Hope so.......£20k pw? :lolol:

Cheers.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Contracts to be sorted today

El Presidente said:
I did not know you were still on the GAME:ohmy:

If I were you couldnt afford me being the high class posh bint I am. :)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Contracts to be sorted today

BarrelofFun said:
???

I thought you were a footballers 'wife'?

Not on Thursday nights!

*leaves contact mag open for BOF to peruse and legs it*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here