Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Contract Law

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
It's a contract. If he rips it up, sue him.

Hoggy

Controversial!
Sep 28, 2006
BN1
is your new contract going to be beneficial to yourself?

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Everest said:
It's a contract. If he rips it up, sue him.

What he said. Also it depends if the new contract is beneficial to you or not.

To be able to rip it up, I'm sure you would have to sign something agreeing to it first. If you find yourself worse off you maybe entilited to some form compensation?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Its not as simple as that Happy S.

Will he replace it with a better contract? Or with a worse one?
Whats the reason for the replacement? Is your current contract actually binding?

It will probably state in your current contract how either party can remove themselves from the current contract - so your answer is probably there!!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It also depends what contract you originally signed. It may have said something along the lines of your employer being able to alter your contract as long as you are given x months notice.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Rangdo said:
It also depends what contract you originally signed. It may have said something along the lines of your employer being able to alter your contract as long as you are given x months notice.

we have a winner... or your employer can serve notice on the existing contract and reissue a new one.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
beorhthelm said:
we have a winner... or your employer can serve notice on the existing contract and reissue a new one.

Yay :clap2: . I never win ANYTHING. Whats my prize? Whats my PRIZE?

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
I thought an employer can serve notice on an employee that they intend to change their contract of employment. Go to your Union rep immediaetly. if you work in an non unionised workplace try the citezens advice beruea

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Ask your trade union. You'll almost certainly get free legal advice.

Right answer

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Stinky Kat said:
I thought an employer can serve notice on an employee that they intend to change their contract of employment. Go to your Union rep immediaetly. if you work in an non unionised workplace try the citezens advice beruea

If you work in a non-unionised workplace, it doesn't matter. Join a union. Some unions will let you do it online.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here