Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conservative party - the party of social disorder

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Everybody's(but you know what i mean) standard of living around the world has risen,not everybody can win(though they can but that's for another time)so greed and selfishness has caused the problems,it's a natural way of slowing down the economic rise world wide,it was bound to happen,how we get out of it will be the problem.

Spoken from my ivory tower of the UK-
Everybody's standard of living has risen? Maybe, if you count it simply in how many mobile phones you get through in a year, but in the decades before the latest economic crash wages stagnated for the bottom 40%, the share of the wealth taken by those at the top increased massively. So any material gain by those people had to be on credit, and of course we know what happened with that. So people are realising they're actually poor, and that the social safety net and any oppurtunity of a better life have been and are being shredded - of course there is going to be unrest.

I think it's interesting how materialistic it mostly is.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Again, the rioters are the poorest members of our society. The gap has been growing between rich and poor since 1961. Both parties have had a few goes at governing us neither of them have made a difference to this fact. The reason is because it is not in their interest to do so. They are voted in by the middle classes and funded by the rich and big business. Until the entire political system governs for the good of all rather than in a way so they can get re-elected this problem will grow and grow. Which party makes no difference and the idea that there is even left and right in our political system is laughable these days.

Excellent post .... Nail on head

shellsuit

Feb 5, 2009
You are probably like clueless Dave and mother Teresa may , if you think this government can simply put this down as just mindless criminals I'm sorry for people to burn and smash up their own communities without a care, the are some serious underlying social problems.
Such as institutional racism in the met.
the highest youth unemployment in Europe
The highest prison population per head in Europe
Unfortunately the gap between the rich and poor in our cities is becoming a chasminner city London is becoming like la

try doing a little research before spouting silly figures..it sounds like you believe far to easily what you read...way to gullible......oh i see you are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here