Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conservative party - the party of social disorder

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
Really do like a good riot the Tories, if you look in the history books social disorder follows them around like a bad smell. Time for an election methinks,

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Or one could suggest that the Tories are always the ones to mop up the mess from the previous administration at a point where things get worse before they get better.

Either way, the current government seem to be intent on pulling the plaster a slowly as possible.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Really do like a good riot the Tories, if you look in the history books social disorder follows them around like a bad smell. Time for an election methinks,

You are gullible, aren't you? If you look in the history books, social disorder often follows Labour policies, if you want to get political about it. However, this is more than a political issue. It's been building and brewing since the early 1970s, when discipline was seen to be A Bad Thing. Now, the children of the undisciplined are on the prowl and their undisciplined parents are nowhere to be seen.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh great another Tory bashing thread. f*** sake.

At least the more educated on here realise that this actually goes beyond pointing a finger at Red, Yellow or Blue.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Nothing to do with who is in power, if New Labour were still in power this STILL would have occured. Stop blaming the parties and start blaming the individuals.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You are gullible, aren't you? If you look in the history books, social disorder often follows Labour policies, if you want to get political about it. However, this is more than a political issue. It's been building and brewing since the early 1970s, when discipline was seen to be A Bad Thing. Now, the children of the undisciplined are on the prowl and their undisciplined parents are nowhere to be seen.

You're doing it again.

Like the OP, it's not a particularly intelligent post to blame social disorder on one political party.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Hope all that voted for them are really proud right now. Election now ! Labour were getting us out the mess the world reccession caused

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Again, the rioters are the poorest members of our society. The gap has been growing between rich and poor since 1961. Both parties have had a few goes at governing us neither of them have made a difference to this fact. The reason is because it is not in their interest to do so. They are voted in by the middle classes and funded by the rich and big business. Until the entire political system governs for the good of all rather than in a way so they can get re-elected this problem will grow and grow. Which party makes no difference and the idea that there is even left and right in our political system is laughable these days.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hope all that voted for them are really proud right now. Election now ! Labour were getting us out the mess the world reccession caused

Labour have never acknowledged the fact that WORLD events have an effect on what happens here whenever the Conservatives have been in power,until now,i'd call it "convenient".

Now knowing the above as i have always done so,i will not totally blame Labour for the financial mess all around us now-but merely point out that having inherited a strong economy in 1997 when Labour took power-i will tell you what my Father said on the day they took power.

Words to this effect-
"Maybe not now,but when Labour lose power,you will see the financial mess unfold".

Not apportioning blame-merely looking all around the world HE WAS RIGHT.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Labour have never acknowledged the fact that WORLD events have an effect on what happens here whenever the Conservatives have been in power,until now,i'd call it "convenient".

Now knowing the above as i have always done so,i will not totally blame Labour for the financial mess all around us now-but merely point out that having inherited a strong economy in 1997 when Labour took power-i will tell you what my Father said on the day they took power.

Words to this effect-
"Maybe not now,but when Labour lose power,you will see the financial mess unfold".

Not apportioning blame-merely looking all around the world HE WAS RIGHT.

Labour didn't cause the crash - but they didn't save in preparation for it either. Save during the boom, spend during the bust - it's not difficult. Sadly Brown genuinely believed he'd "abolished boom and bust"...

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Labour didn't cause the crash - but they didn't save in preparation for it either. Save during the boom, spend during the bust - it's not difficult. Sadly Brown genuinely believed he'd "abolished boom and bust"...

agree-but imo Brown's roughshod way he forced himself into power was only ever going to end in one way-that said looking around the world right now(re the financial problems)-i am not going to put it all down to Brown,not at all......i really do sometimes worry for all of us and wonder how it can be resolved.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
agree-but imo Brown's roughshod way he forced himself into power was only ever going to end in one way-that said looking around the world right now(re the financial problems)-i am not going to put it all down to Brown,not at all......i really do sometimes worry for all of us and wonder how it can be resolved.

I don't think it can. Currencies around the world are suffering, which means the idea of currency itself is slowly losing value. I think it's the end of money as a means of bartering. Back to swapping skills.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove

Problem. Double post.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
No one likes to tory bash more than me - as most people on here can vouch for. This was never about party politics - it's how the system works from the grass roots up. When I start to hear how the red or blue sides plan to deal with it, that's when it's a party issue.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't think it can. Currencies around the world are suffering, which means the idea of currency itself is slowly losing value. I think it's the end of money as a means of bartering. Back to swapping skills.

Everybody's(but you know what i mean) standard of living around the world has risen,not everybody can win(though they can but that's for another time)so greed and selfishness has caused the problems,it's a natural way of slowing down the economic rise world wide,it was bound to happen,how we get out of it will be the problem.

Spoken from my ivory tower of the UK-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here