Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Conrad Harder.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Going by Twitter it seems the Portuguese window is open until Monday and Sporting are confident of getting the deal over the line

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Going by Twitter it seems the Portuguese window is open until Monday and Sporting are confident of getting the deal over the line
They also seem to think our reported interest was just a ploy by the agent to push the price up

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
They also seem to think our reported interest was just a ploy by the agent to push the price up

Seems unlikely if Ornstein reported a bid from us had been accepted. I reckon this could be another Osman situation, where we agree a deal after the window shuts, to join when it opens again.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Seems unlikely if Ornstein reported a bid from us had been accepted. I reckon this could be another Osman situation, where we agree a deal after the window shuts, to join when it opens again.
I don’t think he reported a bid had been accepted, just that one had been made (at least in the Athletic piece and Danish media story that I posted on the transfer deadline thread if you are referring to the Ornstein report dated 29th August)

“Brighton & Hove Albion have submitted a €20million offer to Nordsjaelland for striker Conrad Harder.
Nordsjaelland are expected to accept the offer, while there is a comparable proposal from Sporting CP.”

According to Danish media Sporting PC were offering instalments and bonuses whereas Brighton have offered an upfront fee.

Pretty sure he’s not on a plane to Notts though.

Last edited:

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Sorry, worded it badly; I don't think our interest is in doubt, I think the theory is that we have been encouraged to bid by the agent but the player has no intention of joining us. They seem to be linking it to the Darwin Nunez saga (same agent, apparently). Almost certainly nonsense, but it's a murky world

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If he doesn't get a song that rhymes with Tim Carder then someone isn't doing their job.
Every move you make
I don’t think he reported a bid had been accepted, just that one had been made (at least in the Athletic piece and Danish media story that I posted on the transfer deadline thread if you are referring to the Ornstein report dated 29th August)

“Brighton & Hove Albion have submitted a €20million offer to Nordsjaelland for striker Conrad Harder.
Nordsjaelland are expected to accept the offer, while there is a comparable proposal from Sporting CP.”

According to Danish media Sporting PC were offering instalments and bonuses whereas Brighton have offered an upfront fee.

Pretty sure he’s not on a plane to Notts though.

Excellent bit of casual disrespect, there :bowdown: :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like this deal was harder to get over the line than I initially thought.

“FC Nordsjælland breaks the record for the most expensive trade in the Superliga in 2024 with the sale of Conrad Harder to Sporting, who pay 21 million. euros, 157.5 million DKK, now plus bonuses for DKK 2.5 million. euros, 19 million A total of DKK 176.5 million DKK. He gets a five-year contract.”

Sporting have a big advantage in that their window is still open. We seem to be negotiating for a January deal. I think that has done for us.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
He was always going to pick immediate move to Portugal over another year in Denmark, probably made the decision quite easy in the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here