Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connolly's 2nd Goal

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If Hughton was still here he’d have scored twice for Gillingham on loan today.

There’s no need for any negative thoughts today. Connolly’s loan spells may have been essential for what he served up today. Let’s keep looking forwards not back. :thumbsup::wink:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Every attribute of a top flight striker. I’d say Robbie Keane-esque but hopefully he does more than him.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
CON1.gif

CON2.gif

CON3.gif

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
There’s no need for any negative thoughts today. Connolly’s loan spells may have been essential for what he served up today. Let’s keep looking forwards not back. :thumbsup::wink:

Wasn’t meant to come across as negative as it is.

I’m just so happy we’ve got a manager who uses the fantastic youth players we are producing. Connolly is the first teenager to score a league goal for us since Caskey. That’s way too long and I’m happy to see us employ an “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” policy now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Expectations are going to be sky high on here now for this lad but let’s keep them in check. An amazing day for him, his family and friends but he’s still learning.
Exciting though no doubt.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Wasn’t meant to come across as negative as it is.

I’m just so happy we’ve got a manager who uses the fantastic youth players we are producing. Connolly is the first teenager to score a league goal for us since Caskey. That’s way too long and I’m happy to see us employ an “if you’re good enough, you’re old enough” policy now.

Between March/Dunk and Connolly, the youth players were quite possibly not good enough. Have they gone on to forge PL careers elsewhere?

IMHO Alzate and Connolly have only just become good enough, Connolly is incredibly young still.

Agree with you that GP has taken the punt, which others might not have taken just now.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Connollonnollonnolly!!’

Surprised how much he won in the air too. Hope he gets a good run in the team and builds on this.

Alzate excellent again as well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Connollonnollonnolly!!’

Surprised how much he won in the air too. Hope he gets a good run in the team and builds on this.

Alzate excellent again as well.

We said that about both Maupay and Connolly.

And if they couldn’t win a clean header against relative giants, they ensured that they screwed it up for Alderweireld and Vertongen.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
From the BBC

Brighton striker Aaron Connolly has just been added to the Republic of Ireland squad for their Euro 2020 qualifiers. That's what two Premier League goals will do for you.

Bollocks, well done to him but a week of dread for every BHAFC fan #remembertrossard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here