Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Connolly

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Very minor grade 1 hamstring injury according to the Ireland Manager and will only keep him out for 10 days but misses all 3 of their international matches.

SAC

May 21, 2014
injured or 'injured'? Like the sort of injury that kept Ryan Giggs from playing most Wales friendlies (missing three quarters of them).

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
injured or 'injured'? Like the sort of injury that kept Ryan Giggs from playing most Wales friendlies (missing three quarters of them).

Connolly is hurt - he would want to play for Ireland - he is far from guaranteed his place and has some very stiff opposition for his spot on the team. The more he plays the better his chance of consolidating his place (unlike Giggs who was guaranteed his place in the Welsh team no matter what he did).

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Connolly is hurt - he would want to play for Ireland - he is far from guaranteed his place and has some very stiff opposition for his spot on the team. The more he plays the better his chance of consolidating his place (unlike Giggs who was guaranteed his place in the Welsh team no matter what he did).

Yes, and he hasn't played as much football as he would have liked here. He would have been itching to get on the pitch and try to get a goal

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

"very stiff opposition"... not really.

"unlike Giggs"...whoa, going out on a limb there

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Would you have stated the opposite at any point in history?

Nope - I have been consistent in outlining that the there is significant quality in the underage levels of Irish soccer and that Connolly is just one of a number of players coming through who have to potential to have a long and very good international career. I previously indicated that Connolly is actually down the pecking order - Adam Idah has started before Connolly in the international team and Troy Parrott would be starting ahead of him if he weren't injured.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
According to The Sporting Life we are favourites to sign another Irish young bloke named Evan Furguson.

Its Evan FERGUSON - and he is a good one - he made his debut for Bohemians at 14 in a friendly against Chelsea last year (and made quite an impression)

According to the Irish media the move to Brighton is a done deal - he'll join next summer.

Here is a video clip of Ferguson

And this is highlights of Ferguson's debut against Chelsea

[video]https://fb.watch/v/1LffGAdGT/[/video]

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
Its Evan FERGUSON - and he is a good one - he made his debut for Bohemians at 14 in a friendly against Chelsea last year (and made quite an impression)

According to the Irish media the move to Brighton is a done deal - he'll join next summer.

Here is a video clip of Ferguson

And this is highlights of Ferguson's debut against Chelsea

[video]https://fb.watch/v/1LffGAdGT/[/video]

16 goals and 7 assists in the LOI at 15? That's insane

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Another wonder Kid? Let’s hope he measures up to expectations... I would not bet yet on his arrival, his manager said ( ofthe Brighton move) “ That's on the cards, unless something were to change in the meantime. Maybe Real Madrid might come in for him!'“

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Another wonder Kid? Let’s hope he measures up to expectations... I would not bet yet on his arrival, his manager said ( ofthe Brighton move) “ That's on the cards, unless something were to change in the meantime. Maybe Real Madrid might come in for him!'“

Surely we have something in writing ? If he did get snaffled by a 'big' club we'd get a few sheckles out of it to go towards buying a decent striker?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Very young players moving to countries with different languages, culture, far from the parents etc. very rarely works out. Quite unusual in England I suppose as the academies over there are great nowadays but as a Swede I see examples all the time. Sure Real Madrid might sound a bit more tempting than ie Brighton it but might not be the better move.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Very young players moving to countries with different languages, culture, far from the parents etc. very rarely works out. Quite unusual in England I suppose as the academies over there are great nowadays but as a Swede I see examples all the time. Sure Real Madrid might sound a bit more tempting than ie Brighton it but might not be the better move.

True, there is a bit of a language barrier from deepst darkest Ireland to Sussex . . . . one step at a time. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here