Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would love it if you could give our south coast friends a good gong over tomorrow- maybe see off another couple of their players? Give Lallana a bit of a kick, nothing serious like just enough to see him out for a few games.

We also have shocking coverage on the local news, the presenters are Southampton/Pompy fans unfortunately so we're lucky if our score gets mentioned let alone highlights!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Very nice post. I like Rochdale, and all their supporters seem to know their stuff and be very friendly. Really enjoyed the day out last saturday! Best of luck for the rest of the season, i would love to see you make the play offs! Oh yeah, beat Southampton next week please :p

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Greetings all. Not sure if you remember me from last week but ah feck it. Ive just popped on here basically to say congratualtions on your brilliant season, if anyone diserves the League One title, then so be it, Brighton & Hove's it is. I think most teams and fans knew six month ago that you lot was going to win this league, and pretty comfortably i must say. The way you play football is a bloody treat to watch, and without a shadow of a doubt the most football talented squad we have had at Spotland this season. Makes me feel quite special to follow a team that took equal points from you. And also, Gus is a top bloke hiself. Keith Hill has alot of time for Poyet, and i can understand why.

Everything seems to be falling in place for BHA regarding finances, squad and obviously your belting new stadium. Fully diserved if you ask me, and your fans are a credit too. Had a interesting waffle with a few last weekend.

Im genuially happy to see you lads go up. Even though its not clarified, its most definatley mathematically comfirmed, another 3pts and then the table will tell its own story. Hopefully Rochdale will be following you, with another northen side! Preferbally Huddersfield. It seems we have picked up form at the most vital times of the season, always a bonus. Would snatch the the trip to the new stadium with both hands if getting the chance. Its obviously great to see another ex Dale player moving up the football ladder, being Glenn Murray. Credit to say Rochdale introduced him to his footballing ways, and most certainly give him a more mature approach to the game.

Once again Congratulations, I for one would have the bubbly on ice soonish. P.S- Chances of lending us that young tricky lad on the wing? Noone is it? :wink:

Cheers mate. Very kind of you to say that about our boys....we had a great day up there Saturday, met my Dale-based Albion buddy at The Ratcliffe for a few then into the ground for a good old sing song. Chatting to some of the locals, we found you to be a top bunch! Great club. I also went to your play off final vs Stockers at Wembley a few years ago (with same Dale-based mate) and had a top day then too.

I fear we may lose part of that friendly side of the away experience next season, with brasher and less welcoming clubs in The Championship to face, so if you manage to pull off a play-off / double-promotion coup I'd be well chuffed for you.

Good luck for the run-in and tonk the Saints for us! :wink:

Thanks,you seem like a nice boy.I`ve always had a soft spot for Rochdale,well since reading this thread anyway.I really hope you go up this year and then next year,when you come down here,I`m going to smother you all with kisses and let you have my soft spot to do with whatever you choose.I think I love you just as much as you love us.This is such a beautiful thread.It`s really nice to be nice isn`t it?See you you soon gorgeous.:safeway

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
We played Bolton in a January cup game in the nineties and visited Spotland in the morning just to say we'd been there. A man invited us in and showed us round - I think I can remember some terracing involving old railway sleepers and a brilliant arrangement whereby the players had to come through the crowd to get on to the pitch. I can definitely remember the niceness of the staff member, who was genuinely touched that someone was taking an interest in the ground.

I am really hoping Insider posts on this thread - I believe he has fond memories of Spotland too.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Rochdale are a decent club with loyal supporters,doing well in an area with loads of teams.Weren't they at Charlton in the FA cup when we went to Spurs?

I think so,and I had a decent lunch with some of their supporters that day.

Though we would like to get back into the top division we should not forget our past; a past where we have met smashing clubs like Rochdale.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
P.S- Chances of lending us that young tricky lad on the wing? Noone is it? :wink:[/QUOTE]

er . None.:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here