Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The FCUM fans were loud all match. Watching it on TV, I never heard an Albion voice once - even when we scored.

I was listening on the crystal set and could clearly hear the Albion Fans....in fact i was impressed and sounded like more than a couple of hundred! Well played those fans.

oxfordseagull

Nov 29, 2010
Oxford from the South
There is alot to be said for part time players, to go to work all day, and then battle like they did when our players train every day and probaly have their weight, food and that sort of stuff monitored shows the desire they must have, 4 nil thrashing it wasn't even if the score said so

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
You could hear the Brighton support much better on 5 Live Sports Extra's commentary than you could on ESPN, presumably because of microphone placement.

No criticism can be allowed of the Brighton fans who made it up there, even had they sat there mute for 90 minutes. It's a top effort to get up there for a Cup game in that weather on a weeknight with the game on telly.

Two weeks before the third annual Dorset and Berkshire Horse Fetishists' convention...

Sorry, got a bit Black Addered there. Good work, team and fans. Job done, bring on Pompey. And congratulations to FCUM on a bloody good Cup run.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
They'd be a great team for a pre-season friendly - looks like their fans could create an atmosphere on the moon

Totally agree - I have every sympathy with their cause; those fans are a credit to football.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Congratulations on your win tonight. It was fully expected by most of us. Gotta give your fans as much credit as you give ours though for travelling so far. They even tried to create some noize too which we dont see very often. Best of luck in round 3 against Pompey

Cheers - you guys are real fans the "proper' old United fans. I was impressed down at Withdean with your enthusiasm and the noise and you made a hell of a racket on the TV.
Good luck with the ground and hope to see you in the future

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
They'd be a great team for a pre-season friendly - looks like their fans could create an atmosphere on the moon

Great idea. Been thinking it's a shame we are highly unlikely to play them again, having enjoyed a great time interacting with their fans (especially last night at Gigg Lane), but of course a friendly in the summer would reprise the goodwill-filled meeting of the sides. Go to it, Albion!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
We did sing a lot, especially in the first half, but with so few 'vocalists' (approx 20 / 25) it was a miracle we got heard at all against the back-drop of an excellent non-stop performance by the FCers.

Hats off to both sets of fans for maximum effort!

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Virtually impossible to be heard surrounded by 7,000 singing FC fans, but can assure you an effort was made, perhaps you should of made more of an effort to attend and bolster the few

Super fan status are you?

Wanker.

FFFFFC

Nov 28, 2010
had a great night tonight sitting with the manc fans - cheeky piss-taking bastards but very knowledgable and great fun on a bloody freezing cold night.

About 7000 there and a couple of hundred Albion at least? Has to be their best crowd and richly deserved - they made another convert to their cause tonight

You stood with our fans? You'll find that the piss isn't the only thing Mancs tend to take. Have you checked your wallet? ;)

Hope you weren't too terrified by the hordes of veteran hoolies charging across the pitch towards you at full time. Even the hardest of us can be unnerved by the sight of a 13 year old in a hoodie and jeans slung below a pair of Mr Byrite boxer shorts, gesturing to come and have a go if you think we're hard enough. Notice how they pretended to run away as soon as security told them to, hoping to entice you to chase after them to your doom? I think the Normans tried that trick at the Battle of Hastings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here