Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to all at BHA from a Saint

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not sure we should be dishing out any stick to anyone who made the effort to come to our Fans United match...

I for one don't go in for the Adkins hate-fest. He made a throw-away comment which people on here got overly obsessed with.

I hope Southampton go up. Better atmosphere than two games against Huddersfield.

InvictaSaint

Apr 13, 2011
"It is ours to lose now". So... I'll take that to mean 'confident'? I would have thought losing to Rochdale last night might leave you feeling a bit wobbly; are you saying that you think the rest of your games are fairly easily winnable? I'd be wary of Brentford and Plymouth, especially if Argyle have their new owners by then.

I think most of us felt that if we were going to screw up, we'd screw up at Rochdale; it's just so......well, us! Long haul away game on a Tuesday, s**t traffic (some fellow fans took 8 hours to get there, the M6 was so bad). It will also give a reality check for the squad; we cannot hope for anything if we give silly goals away. As a Saint I am always pessimistic, and anything positive is a bonus! However, I feel probably 70-80% certain that we can make that second spot ours. So yes- reasonably confident. I'll come back in 3 weeks and we'll see whether I was right! Take care and all the best.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not sure we should be dishing out any stick to anyone who made the effort to come to our Fans United match...

I for one don't go in for the Adkins hate-fest. He made a throw-away comment which people on here got overly obsessed with.

I hope Southampton go up. Better atmosphere than two games against Huddersfield.

Yes and no.

Or rather no and yes.

Adkins = complete and utter disrespect. It was way more than a throwaway remark.

However I agree would rather see Southampton up than Hudds.

The Championship has too many northern/mids clubs as it is.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Let's not make ourselves look small by shouting down other fans who've come on here to congratulate us, especially after such an amazing night last night.

Thanks for the kind words InvictaSaint. Good luck for the run-in (within reason!)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

To be honest neither do I, I'd expect my manager to be making comments like that. Doesn't detract from the fact it's made him look like a complete cock though.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Saints rather than Hudds. Thanks for the thougths Invicta. As well asd Adkins,w e also have some beef with Harding and Hammond who have been less than friendly since leavin us but for the rest wed be ok with you going up... how great it would be to have four local rivals (Millwall inc) in the same div.

LondonSaint

Apr 2, 2010
Good post Invicta and echo everything you say.

i went to Hudds this season and don't fancy a return trip anytime soon.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thanks for the thoughts mate and good luck to your lot too ... I don't like Adkins, comes across as an arrogant twat but I dislike Megson more, always have, even as a player and defo don't like Ferguson Jnr (or senior either) Powell seems like a nice bloke and I reckon Robinson is pretty decent too .................. oh ........... :highjack:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

If Adkins has the grace to congratulate us without a Pardew-esque comment ("Brighton won the league but Reading are a much better team") then i think most fans will drop the binfest

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
As someone who has had lots of dealings with Saints over the years, I can say that they're a friendly club with decent fans who have had the misfortune to be associated over the years with a prize tit of a chairman, a jerk of a chief executive and a highly annoying manager. Good luck to them, and thanks for your good wishes, Invicta Saint. P*rtsm**th, on the other hand ...

darren1

Apr 13, 2011
I know it's a bit late (Been working away) but again Congratulations from a Saints fan. Gotta say I thought you guys would drop the odd point, maybe allowing us to try and close the gap, but it was actually the other way around. In reference to some of the comments that I have seen on here (And with respect to Arthur) I think if we didnt have a bad start to the season we would have given you more of a run for your money. I still think you would have won the league as you were the best team this season without doubt (Even the sums point to this as when NA took over we were 6 points behind you, and now we're quite a bit more :) ), but I do think we could have pushed you but you would have still won comfortably with us an easy 2nd. But what if doesnt matter, as stated you were the best team, this thread is not about Saints and with the s**t you guys have had in the past most of us here are really pleased for you. With regards to NA, I don't think he's so bad and I'm not sure the comments were intended the way they may have come across. He's really into this positivity and most here would have been upset with him if he said "Lets have a push for 2nd place"! But with promotion and what looks like a good new stadium things are looking bright for you guys.

But well done, you deserve it and I hope we can join you there soon so we can both give some greif to that nasty littly town that lies between us next year :0)

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
darren1

I think I agree with most of what you say and perhaps it is a little bit unfortunate that NA lacks some PR savvy.

Of course, I may get shot down in flames for that but, one thing, I absolutely agree, there is too much of a predominance of northern clubs in the Championship, makes away travel a b----r.

Best

Al

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be fair to NA he has had a measure of expectation on him that Gus hasn't so I think that some of the things he's said have been to appease Saint's fans frankly not unreasonable expectations.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Some bloody embarrassing comments on this thread, call yourself football fans? Honestly the complete lack of respect to someone who has come on here to offer his congratulations to us on our promotion because of some throw-away comment (and it was just that, nothing more) is really just pathetic.

I just don't get this whole thing on NSC of getting all out raged when managers say things that their fans will want to hear, half this board would be on their knees ready to suck his cock is Gus said half these things :rolleyes:

darren1

Apr 13, 2011
Some bloody embarrassing comments on this thread, call yourself football fans? Honestly the complete lack of respect to someone who has come on here to offer his congratulations to us on our promotion because of some throw-away comment (and it was just that, nothing more) is really just pathetic.

I just don't get this whole thing on NSC of getting all out raged when managers say things that their fans will want to hear, half this board would be on their knees ready to suck his cock is Gus said half these things :rolleyes:

Don't worry dude, we have our idiot fans too. It's not taken as a representation of the club as a whole

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Don't worry dude, we have our idiot fans too. It's not taken as a representation of the club as a whole

Amen to that.

To put the Adkins thing in context though; it was the final insult to a lot of us after having to put up with a lot of your less reasonable fans with superiority complexes lording it up here and elsewhere, and that coming after Hammond's shennanigans at Withdean last season. If he tries that shit again he better have someone keeping the coach running for him. I want to get back to disliking Pompey more than Southampton so am enjoying reading the decent Saints fans posts here.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Oh shut up, the REAL football fans are the ones slagging them off, why have we got to be nice to each other all the time? Where's the 'edge' gone? (Don't say off to U2)

Anyway, scummers, listen up. Take your good wishes and shove 'em up your arse. You're shit, your club's shit, your team's shit, your manager's shit, your chairman's shit, your groundsman's shit, your tealady's shit, your shop staff are shit your .... well you get the picture. I hope you stay down, go bust and aren't allowed to reform. Not only that but I hope the name Southampton is expunged from all records so it would be as if you never existed and no one ever speaks about you ever again. Finally I hope Al Queda plant an atomic bomb in Southampton city centre and remove the entire place from the face of the globe.

There. I feel better now. I'm off for a pint, have a good weekend everybody, yes, even Saints fans.

darren1

Apr 13, 2011
having to put up with a lot of your less reasonable fans with superiority complexes lording it up here and elsewhere, and that coming after Hammond's shennanigans at Withdean last season. If he tries that shit again he better have someone keeping the coach running for him.

I don't actually know what happened with Hammond, but in regards to lording it up you have to see it from the other side. 18 months ago we were in admin but then we can into a bit of cash. Not bragging, but we did. We have gates in excess of 20,000 week in week out bringing in more funds and in sport money talks. We should have expected to p**s this league we what we have behind us and thats not arrogance, just how it is. But you beat us and fair play to you. but I'm sure the edge and banter will return in a weeks time.

Have a good weekend, it's beer O'Clock for me too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here