Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to all at BHA from a Saint

InvictaSaint

Apr 13, 2011
Just wanted to say a hearty well done to everybody at Brighton; you have been fantastic this season and fully deserve both to go up and to go up (as I am sure you will) as Champions. You have had so much s**t to deal with in the last 15 years or so that this must be a particularly sweet moment for you (although 4-3 against Dagenham?? Come on boys, you're losing your touch ;-) ). I was at the Fans United day in 1997 at the Goldstone - fantastic day: 5-0 v Hartlepool wasn't it? Got myself snapped by a footy mag in some park and was forced to hug a Pompey fan. Still sends shivers down my spine..... - and remember all too well what you were facing in those dark days pre-Withdean. Can you have imagined that you would see today? A promoted club about to move to a brand spanking new stadium? Fabulous.

Anyway, well done to you all; thoroughly deserved. Would have been interesting to see what a full Adkins pre-season and season (rather than a Pardew on his deathbed pre-season and start of season) would have done for our battle for the top this year, but I will be *more* than happy with second given our terrible start. Could have done without Rochdale beating us last night, but as you found out with a draw up there, it is no easy place to go. Still, in second we sit and it's ours to lose now. Fingers crossed for the next three weeks....

See you in the CCC :clap2::clap2::clap2:

InvictaSaint

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Thanks for the kind words though , you should get promoted but you never know.
Looking forward to the party against you on the 23rd if we defend like we did last night you may well beat us.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
Would be interesting to find that photo of you and the Pompey fan...FourFourTwo, Total Football or When Saturday Comes presumably. hehe

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
our battle for the top this year

What battle? I would have thought with all the fingers you have you'd be able to count up to the 16 (SIXTEEN) points we are ahead of you!

Some of these congratulations threads are embarrassingly cringe worthy! This one just about tops the pile! Reading between the lines it says if we hadn't had such a bad start we would have pissed this league, but *grits teeth* well done for taking advantage of our boo boo!

Last edited:

InvictaSaint

Apr 13, 2011
What battle? I would have thought with all the fingers you have you'd be able to count up to the 16 (SIXTEEN) points we are ahead of you!

Figurative rather than literal battle, friend. Ten fingers, just like you. Only one PhD though, more's the pity ;-) Not here for an argument; just wanted to say well done to you all. Fantastic season for Brighton.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Just wanted to say a hearty well done to everybody at Brighton; you have been fantastic this season and fully deserve both to go up and to go up (as I am sure you will) as Champions. You have had so much s**t to deal with in the last 15 years or so that this must be a particularly sweet moment for you (although 4-3 against Dagenham?? Come on boys, you're losing your touch ;-) ). I was at the Fans United day in 1997 at the Goldstone - fantastic day: 5-0 v Hartlepool wasn't it? Got myself snapped by a footy mag in some park and was forced to hug a Pompey fan. Still sends shivers down my spine..... - and remember all too well what you were facing in those dark days pre-Withdean. Can you have imagined that you would see today? A promoted club about to move to a brand spanking new stadium? Fabulous.

Anyway, well done to you all; thoroughly deserved. Would have been interesting to see what a full Adkins pre-season and season (rather than a Pardew on his deathbed pre-season and start of season) would have done for our battle for the top this year, but I will be *more* than happy with second given our terrible start. Could have done without Rochdale beating us last night, but as you found out with a draw up there, it is no easy place to go. Still, in second we sit and it's ours to lose now. Fingers crossed for the next three weeks....

See you in the CCC :clap2::clap2::clap2:

InvictaSaint

Thanks for the kind words. Adkins has done little in the way of PR for you guys this season, but most of my Saints fan friends are good sorts.

You should go up too. Seriously though, how confident are you?

InvictaSaint

Apr 13, 2011
Thanks for the kind words. Adkins has done little in the way of PR for you guys this season, but most of my Saints fan friends are good sorts.

You should go up too. Seriously though, how confident are you?

No problem, my friend; the plaudits are well merited. I think I have probably missed something with the whole BHA-Adkins interest. Is it because of the "if they can keep up with us" quotation? If so, I wouldn't let it bother you TBH. Don't think I have ever seen a manager who wouldn't try and big his own team up. Football would be a bit boring otherwise wouldn't it?! As for our chances.....well after our shocking start with Pardew and then Wilkins (3 league games, 3 defeats), I am chuffed to bits to be where we are. It is ours to lose now. We have Bristol R, Hartlepool and Walsall at home and you guys, Brentford and Plymouth away. Assuming we lose to you, I would suggest 12 points from the remaining games is not unreasonable, and this would then require Huddersfield (unbeaten since we thumped them 4-1, yes, but 8 draws in 16 give or take) to win all of their remaining games, including away to you guys. So, as I say, ours to lose. Doesn't mean I don't want to fast forward three weeks though!! Anyway, well done again and hope to see you next season in the lowest league either of us deserves to be in.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
"It is ours to lose now". So... I'll take that to mean 'confident'? I would have thought losing to Rochdale last night might leave you feeling a bit wobbly; are you saying that you think the rest of your games are fairly easily winnable? I'd be wary of Brentford and Plymouth, especially if Argyle have their new owners by then.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well I'd much rather Southampton were promoted than Huddersfield because you're a local game. You always give us 3500 tix and we always use them. Similarly, you will fill your allocation at Falmer next season, unlike Huddersfield.

However, I hope you squirm and struggle for that 2nd spot.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Figurative rather than literal battle, friend. Ten fingers, just like you. Only one PhD though, more's the pity ;-) Not here for an argument; just wanted to say well done to you all. Fantastic season for Brighton.

Not really sure what your education history has to do with the fact that we've just about "kept up" with your lot this season?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I'm sure once we win the title, come Saturday evening, that you may see some of the first team regulars getting rested.
Players like Jake caskey and holdroyd coming in. Depends what gus does.
So what I'm saying is don't expect us to beat teams like Huddersfield, we may play with experimental sides

InvictaSaint

Apr 13, 2011
Not really sure what your education history has to do with the fact that we've just about "kept up" with your lot this season?

As I said.....am just here to congratulate you on your fabulous season. I have no beef with you or your great club; have always had a soft spot for Albion. I cannot control what my club's manager says any more than you can control what Poyet says, and it would be nice to think that one fan could congratulate another club's fans without getting stick. But then maybe I'm a bit naive. All the best - hope you enjoy the rest of this season and good luck in the CCC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here