Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Adam El-Abd

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
This from @MohSeif:

@MohSeif: FT: #Egypt 2-1 #Cameroon ~ Two goals from Elmo and Abu Treika in a VERY POOR friendly. FA needs sorting out. Only positive is Adam El Abd.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think, as one of his parents (father?) is Egyptian, he's fluent in Arabic.
He doesn't speak it, he's said that in the interviews about his call up.
Management team are yanks though, and do team talks through a translator. Though I would think many of the players speak at least some English anyway.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Feb 14, 2010
Poyet saw that he was never a central midfielder but had more skill than the average English centre back. Well done Adam and well done Poyet

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This thread is worthless without....

Etc

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There was a wonderful thread by Kaney (or one of his unsernames, I think), questioning how El-Abd had eeked out a professional career in football.

Well, he is finally playing amateur football again.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
He doesn't speak it, he's said that in the interviews about his call up.
Management team are yanks though, and do team talks through a translator. Though I would think many of the players speak at least some English anyway.

Ah, fair enough, thanks. As the original poster says, then, makes his apparently very good performance even more impressive.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ah, fair enough, thanks. As the original poster says, then, makes his apparently very good performance even more impressive.
I don't think El Abd's performance on any pitch, over the last 3 years, needs an interpretor.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How often do these happen? We only had one earlier this year so do we have another 4 years to wait?

South Africa 19 January – 10 February 2013

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good point.

A problem only excaberrated even further once Drogba signs as well.
Where did you get that from, top scoopage Easy?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I'm fairly sure one o fthe more controversial posters in here wished that he'd crawl under a rock and die at one stage. Then again, that same poster thought Poyet would get us relegated out of league 1 :jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Where did you get that from, top scoopage Easy?

Common knowledge I thought SB.

His exploits in the European Cup Final won't be enough to earn him a new deal there, so he's Amex bound. We've known for some time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here