Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to Adam El-Abd

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
If he injures his back he'll need a Cairo-practor.

Please don't drag my Khartoum masterpiece through the mud by associating it with this feeble effort. (even though Khartoum is in Sudan I've just realised)

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Brilliant work Adam. He'll be the 2nd Egyptian international to ever grace the Amex.

5pts for the 1st...?

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
What chance of an England vs. Egypt friendly anytime soon...?

Adam could renew his 'friendship' with Andy Carroll..............!!!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Brilliant and well deserved accolade for him. It wasn't so long ago he was the scapegoat for all that was wrong in a poor team, but it's been great to watch a player 'grow'.

He's had his limitations and sometimes 'lost it' on the pitch but you could never doubt his commitment. now he's playing in his best position and he's really benefitted from the faith Gus and the training team have had in him and learned so much.

You can see the respect he commands on the pitch and he's had some wonderful battles with some wiley old forwards and, in a lot of the games, both parties seem to relish the battle and you can see the respect at the end of the games. he's even toning down the play acting!

In some ways he reminds me of johnny Crumplin, a much maligned player who won the crowd over by his determination to be better. I'm not sure how well he'll do with Egypt, despite family it'll still be a major culture shock, but he's certainly becoming an Albion legend.

Dec 19, 2011
Hove
Interesting interview with Adam on Egyptian TV. Says he doesn't speak the language and has only ever been to Egypt on holiday. Mentions London a few times which is weird bearing in mind he grew up in Brighton, maybe he thought the viewers would not have heard of Sussex by the Sea!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
^ How on EARTH did you find that?!

Be great to see Adam increase his profile out there.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
He did mention Brighton though

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Interesting interview with Adam on Egyptian TV. Says he doesn't speak the language and has only ever been to Egypt on holiday. Mentions London a few times which is weird bearing in mind he grew up in Brighton, maybe he thought the viewers would not have heard of Sussex by the Sea!

He says he has visited family in Cairo as well as going on holiday.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Let's hope he gets a game. You'd have thought he might have picked up a few words of Arabic from his old man in his years on the planet, but hey.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here