Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations and good luck.....

city boy lee

Sep 25, 2008
from a City fan. Obviously you guys took the tie more seriously or played harder or better than our guys and it hurts a bit to be knocked out by lower league team again (no disrespect), but I hope it's the start of a good run for you.

Do us a favour and don't get tonked by Derby or I just might cry. Many City fans will try and claim this doesn't bother them, but to me that's bulls***. I'm 24 and have never seen us win a trophy or even make a final, any chance at silverwear should be seen as that to me. So obviously I am upset, though I much prefer you guys to have a big moment at our expense than being knocked out last season by Spurs.

PS - Hearing about the pitch invasion brought a smile to my face, good times, hope nobody was punished/hurt or anything.

Lee.

city boy lee

Sep 25, 2008
We can't read though evidently or I might have noticed 2 other threads already. At least I'm not the only one who felt this way.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
from a City fan. Obviously you guys took the tie more seriously or played harder or better than our guys and it hurts a bit to be knocked out by lower league team again (no disrespect), but I hope it's the start of a good run for you.

Do us a favour and don't get tonked by Derby or I just might cry. Many City fans will try and claim this doesn't bother them, but to me that's bulls***. I'm 24 and have never seen us win a trophy or even make a final, any chance at silverwear should be seen as that to me. So obviously I am upset, though I much prefer you guys to have a big moment at our expense than being knocked out last season by Spurs.

PS - Hearing about the pitch invasion brought a smile to my face, good times, hope nobody was punished/hurt or anything.

Lee.

I think that is just brilliant, :clap2::clap2: Thank You :clap2::clap2:

No need to be a stranger to the board in future, you will always find a welcome at NSC

city boy lee

Sep 25, 2008
Thanks guys, I am here to get a sense of reality, I actually posted on a thread linked here on another city baord and I am a bit annoyed with the 2 city ones I post on. Far too many people pretending it doesn't matter we lost.

While it is true we have a lot to look forward to in the future, winning a trophy is not something we can sneeze at just yet. We are not Chelsea or United, nor do I hope we become them. I want to be successful without arrogant and think that is the City way (well maybe not successful). Obviously I'd rather win the UEFA, FA cup or the league, but getting knocked out here by no means gurantees us success in any of the other 3 competitions and all 3 are harder to win, so this would have been a nice cup to stand up in.

That said I do think and hope this is a blip on our radar this season and not something we look back at with a great deal of frustration. I will defintely be cheering you lot on against Derby now though.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
My two City fan mates were quite clear about this game (as was Mark Hughes in the paper). You need to start winning things and this was the best early chance to do so. Derby would have been a walk over and then City would be in the last 16 with a real chance of mixing it up. They were gutted after the game. It seems you feel the same way.

Man City are top fans - always have been. You're welcome back to Withdean any time you like - but I suspect we'll be in Falmer before the next home game against the richest club in the world.

Top South Stand chant of the night amongst many btw "We're a City too, we're a city too" (to the tune of You're not very good").

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Cheers Lee, words that show you are a true fan, with proper beliefs. You can't dismiss competitions like this because there aren't many trophies available, and the Premiership is a closed shop until you get to spend some of that money burning a hole in your pocket.

So for now, this is a competition that should be a MAJOR target for City, and it's one which fans seem to take more seriously than the clubs. Managers and Chairmen treat it with contempt, but fans want to make and win Finals, so this competition where the likes of Arsenal put children out, has a relatively level playing field.

Interesting to see just how seriously Chelsea were treating it last night, so maybe the tide is turning, but if I was supporting a mid-table Premiership team (and I know City won't be that for much longer) then the inevitability of the League would drive me nuts, and it would be the Cups that would fuel my excitement.

Good luck Lee, it's going to be a helluva ride for you guys over the next few years, but as a City fan it always has been hasn't it?

Last edited:

city boy lee

Sep 25, 2008
Yeah the City rollercoaster hasn't been shut down just yet. When we do win something we will have deserved it I know that.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Yeah the City rollercoaster hasn't been shut down just yet. When we do win something we will have deserved it I know that.
i just hope you take over from them cockernee bastards as the proper team in manchester.

i hate man ure......but southern man ure i hate more than most (except crystal palace)

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM
btw, welcome lee, hope ya stay around fella, all are welcome here :thumbsup:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I sat amongst City fans at smellhurst park a few years ago, Absolute nutters but a great bunch of fans.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Cheers, and as others have said there's always a place for real, devoted, genuine fans of any club here. :)

Best of luck with the rest of your season.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Thanks for the good words Lee - we chatted to quite a few City fans and they were all really nice people - one even said "Do you really play football he all the time"

city boy lee

Sep 25, 2008
Thanks lads I will stick around. Will have to read a bit though as I don't know a lot about your club and don't want to sound arrogant or anything. It's hard being here in Oz, when City got relegated I didn't see anything of my own club for years, the Championship has only started getting played here last season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think another city posted earlier he was hoping you were cured of "Cityitus" which is one great result followed by shit so it appears you aren't.

However fans like you that take it on the chin and also state it hurts really are true fans and you are to be commended for your honesty.

Thanks Lee and I sincerely hope the reality of MCFCs new found riches really does make a difference and the dreaded "Premiership four" becomes 5 very soon.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I have to say the City fans I have come across have been nice and friendly, probably the nicest fans i've met since i've been supporting the Albion. Good luck to you this season, will be nice to see Arsenal or Liverpool miss the Champions League next season :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here