Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Why? What has changed from last night to this morning? Chill and until you hear differently have faith in Gus and Bloom getting it sorted as they (well Gus at least) seem convinced will happen

Hope so. Worried about potential alternative offers.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Anyone else notice the change is title? Subtle hint from Bozza perhaps?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hope so. Worried about potential alternative offers.

But why would they suddenly appear, other (bigger) clubs have had all summer to get in touch with him its not like he is some unknown player that has suddenly come on the radar.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
But why would they suddenly appear, other (bigger) clubs have had all summer to get in touch with him its not like he is some unknown player that has suddenly come on the radar.

Confirmed his fitness test? Is in England and more accessible? All paid by Brighton? Oh I don't know... can't make sense of it anymore.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Anyone else notice the change is title? Subtle hint from Bozza perhaps?

I think throughout this entire saga it's been quite fair to say "or we might not be". The "staying in Brighton tonight" might not be true as of this morning, so had to go...

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think throughout this entire saga it's been quite fair to say "or we might not be". The "staying in Brighton tonight" might not be true as of this morning, so had to go...

Cool - and relax.

To answer the question above - I'm not worried about Prem teams so much as other Championship teams with cash to splash trying an opportunistic punt, with a big salary attached, a la Southampton last season.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If he buggers off to Southampton at the last minute, does that give us another pantomime villain for this season?

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom

this what i have been saying and people response is ... to see if he passes his fitness :S all clubs get new players to have medicals !!! im still 90% he is ours

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Hunter told The Argus: "I think he deserves the English stage and it is ideal for him to be at a club with good, young, hungry, successful players with a very talented manager and a brilliant, visionary owner (Tony Bloom).

"That is where Vicente should be. He is far better off there than at, for example, a slightly bigger name like West Ham or Blackburn. Brighton is the place to be. It's on the up.

:clap:

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I'm not sure why we announced anything on deadline day, given that we didn't have to have the signing finalised by then, and all we seem to have done is alerted the rest of the world to the fact he's now (apparently) fit. The wait is killing me, but I'm sure it'll all come good in the end.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure why we announced anything on deadline day, given that we didn't have to have the signing finalised by then, and all we seem to have done is alerted the rest of the world to the fact he's now (apparently) fit. The wait is killing me, but I'm sure it'll all come good in the end.

It was published by the Spanish newspaper wasn't it? I suppose the club could have denied it

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
It'll happen. Hopefully today, but if not I'm not overly worried as I'm certain he'll sign for us soon.

I actually think the opposite. If he doesn't sign today, then I reckon the deal will be off. The hold up can only be about length of contract and perhaps some kind of get out clause (if he shines and a Prem league club shows an interest).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I've moved beyond angst. The real world is still on hold and my existence, as throughout the past couple of days, revolves around regularly checking Twitter, the OS, the Argus and on here, whilst fitting-in a few minor but still entirely uncompleted household tasks. How sad is the life of a football fan with time on their hands................................... :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here