Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The fact you have not heard of him says more about you then it does about him. Ask any Spanish supporting person

Why is that ? Some people have no interest in foreign football/Champion league football/play management games etc. I can't even remember most of the recent Spanish world cup winners.

horam267

Feb 24, 2010
Also linked with Sol Campbell, according to Chris Bevan on his twitter

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Check the profiles. It's him!
Vicente+Rodriguez+Barcelona+v+Valencia+La+9BZi6iM6Urtl.jpg

Is that alves he has by the neck?? Legend!!! I f***ing hate that guy.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Oct 25, 2003
Why is that ? Some people have no interest in foreign football/Champion league football/play management games etc. I can't even remember most of the recent Spanish world cup winners.

you've answered your own question

the fact that you have no interest in something, which in turn means that you haven't heard of a big name player says more about you than him

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Same picture I found, cropped and then flipped so it was in the same position as BoFs picture - then got a phone call!! So too late.

Defo the same profile - look at the ear/chin alignment. And pointy sideburns

[edit: added picture anyway]

vince.JPG
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
you've answered your own question

the fact that you have no interest in something, which in turn means that you haven't heard of a big name player says more about you than him

Did i say i haven't heard of him myself ?You need to read and understand posts better. I pointed out that some people have no interest..

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
This begs the question though.

If Gus and Tanno are there with Vincente, what's happening with the deal for the potential new striker?

Either that's tied up already or it might not be happening.

Unless someone else is handling that.

Could be, or maybe Gus is thinking that with 3 striking options, he can do the Mourinho formation (as someone else pointed out) - with one out and out striker and 2 wingers - giving more opportunity to use our already excellent rosta... add Vicente (fit hopefull) and we have what one might call a double-hard f*** off amazing set of attacking options. Our lopsided formation is already pretty close to the 'Mourinho'... just swap a striker for a winger and hey presto. Maybe Gus has had enough of a sniff now at the Championship defenses and thought... hang on just a tick... we can HAVE these fuckers!!

Oct 25, 2003
Did i say i haven't heard of him myself ?You need to read and understand posts better. I pointed out that some people have no interest..

you were questioning the point that "The fact you have not heard of him says more about you then it does about him."

i'm pointing out that if someone has no interest in la liga/whatever it says more about them than vicente if they haven't heard of him

like i said, you answered your own question

chill

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
I wish I had looked at a photo of El puñal de Benicalap before I went. The potential signing seemed younger than 30.

Did I read that TWO players flew in from Spain? Could Vincente be at Amex doing his medical?

I have checked the photo and I can assure you that the guy in black is Vicente for sure. And yes, he looks younger than 30.

A few more videos from youtube (remember that I can't post the links, only the title of the video):

Gol Vicente - Valencia 2 - 1 Athletic de Bilbao
This was last season (October 2010)

Valencia vs Racing santander CDR
January 2009 Spanish Cup

Jornada 10 Getafe CF 0 - 3 Valencia CF.(MundoValenciaCF)
November 2008

VALENCIA C.F GOL DE VICENTE DOBLETE SEVILLA-VALENCIA
With this goal Valencia won the Liga in 2004

In this youtube channel you can watch videos and press conferences: chetelevision

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Vincente is a Valencia LEGEND and unreal if he is coming. He will add about 10 goals to any of our strikers season total with his final ball. He can also take dead ball kicks and penaltys.

GUS IS A GOD!!!!!

But the point is that the CP poster dismissed Vicente on the basis that he'd never heard of him. That'd be a bit like a Spanish person who only followed the Spanish league saying that Paul Scholes was crap because he'd never heard of him. The only reason that a football supporter wouldn't have heard of him is because he didn't watch either Spanish football or the Champions League in the early/mid 2000s - not because he's not quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here