Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confident with DK at the helm?...

How much confidence do you have in DK on a scale of 0 to 10?...

• 10 - Full Confidence

Votes: 16 16.7%

Votes: 6 6.3%

Votes: 7 7.3%

Votes: 4 4.2%

Votes: 5 5.2%

Votes: 5 5.2%

Votes: 8 8.3%

Votes: 10 10.4%

Votes: 9 9.4%

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • 0 - No Confidence

Votes: 22 22.9%

• Total voters

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
On a scale of 0/10 how much confidence do you currently have in Dick Knight as Albion chairman?...

10 being full confidence
0 being no confidence at all

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
7. On the stadium side of things, I would rather have DK in charge as he has shown commitment to the cause and wants to see it through. Playing side - I think our hands are tied. Some investment is needed, but do we have enough for it to make a difference?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Early Doors said:
How much confidence do you have Trigger?

Are you thinking of investing in the Albion yourself?
Not as much as I used to.

No.

I don't want the thread to start a slanging match, I'm genuinely interested in the opinion...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sorry, as much as I like the man personally and hand on heart I do, I think in whatever walk of life you follow you have your time and the secret is to know when to get out, history is littered with people who hung on too long and ultimately made a mess of things.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
He should see out his finest hour and be remembered for delivering the Falmer yes decision. He should then do a Mandaric and move over for someone who is hopefully waiting in the wings to take the club forward.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Trigger said:
Not as much as I used to.

No.

I don't want the thread to start a slanging match, I'm genuinely interested in the opinion...

Sorry mate I was about to slang :down: but I won't.

I put 8. I have confidence in DK's judgement and intentions, but I just don't think he has the finances required.

But who is going to invest in BHA until Falmer is a cert?

Would anyone on here put good money into the club at the moment, even if they had plenty to spare? I wouldn't even though I love the club.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton

Always the cheap option, we need players and a decent proven manager.

I understand the reasons its just frustrating to see all the good work by Micky Adams et al undone.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Early Doors said:
Sorry mate I was about to slang :down: but I won't.

I put 8. I have confidence in DK's judgement and intentions, but I just don't think he has the finances required.

But who is going to invest in BHA until Falmer is a cert?

Would anyone on here put good money into the club at the moment, even if they had plenty to spare? I wouldn't even though I love the club.

Nail on the head.

Finances are dictating everything at the moment and will do for sometime and there is no mythical businessman waiting to invest millions because there is not much chance of a return and rich businessmen don't get rich by investing in things they won't get a return from.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Time to let go and hand over to someone with some inspiration and cash

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Early Doors said:
How much confidence do you have Trigger?

Are you thinking of investing in the Albion yourself?

Don't start this shit again, i doubt anyone on here either has or would want to put cash in the club - but all we have been asking is for DK to have channel some of the cash made in recent transfers back into the squad.

Nine for me, would have been 10 but for the McGhee bolix but even with that he was manoeuvred into a corner by other people on the board.

You have to laugh at the people who want him out and I guess hand our club over to the first lot of used car salemen who come along.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I have always felt very uncomfortable with Kinght after he stated that no one man will ever have control of this club again, but then proceeded to make all the decisions that affect the playing side on his own.

Also M Perry. What people quite often forget is that Martin Perry was not a supporter of Brighton and he has not invested any money into the club, he was and is employed to do a job. A job which before the "liberal wanker" did not exist. The day to day business was done by the club secretary. We now have both so apart from stadium issues, which can not take up every day all day Perry should be running the club. This should be accessing all aspects of the business and the playing side should be focused just the same as anything else. It is after all the product that the business produces. With this in mind last year, forcasts would have shown that if the product was losing ground in its sector then to stop the slide investment would be needed. This did not happen and not only did revenue go down by direct sales but also indirect such as advertising etc. The potential of the business is now serverely damaged. As a cheif executive of a business you could say Perry has failed in his duty to instruct the board on a course of action to avoid this loss.

Now there's people that will say this is bollocks but business is business whether its making baked beans or running a football club either way the chairman are normally just spokesmen for the board and in the background the chief exec. is running the business.

Many on here praise Perry for the work he has put into falmer but if you look at what he has succeeded in doing, it paints a somewhat different picture. Seven years on no planning for a new stadium (for whatever reason), club losing more money, lower season ticket sales, drop in overall attendances, lower standard on the playing staff, no new real investment.

Now he may have his hands tied by Knight but you never hear Perry talk about anything other than Falmer, why not?

I'm not running Perry down but would like to try and put a different angle on how this club is run. Knight is coming under more and more critisism on his running of the club and perhaps we should be questioning just how the club is run and who makes the decisions.

There are going to be people like me who will continue to support the club. Up to this year I had a season ticket for around 30 years but have now moved 170 miles away so i'm going to as many games as my new life/business allows. I've seen 5 games so far and watched todays on TV, I have to say we look completely lost. No direction, no passion, no effort.

The sparkle has gone from the club. The lastest news from the club doesn't appear to get the fans going anymore. Staduim news is now flat. Remember us all having champers celebrating, which now proves to be a very premature, planning decision. The spin has gone. Many fans are now resigned to bad news. This reflects the mood of the club. Slowly this chips away at the fabric until nothing is left. If we get the Falmer decision I for one am still not convinced with the present set up we will be able to build it.

Investment in the team apparently will come when the go-ahead is announced, but the stadium will still be some three years away. Another three years of treading water. People are fickle they will not wait. We could in all honesty be the first Conference club to have a 20,000 all seater stadium.

Knight saying that mid-table position is all we can hope for is demoralising. Some would say realistic but it does not bring optimism which encourages new and old fans alike to come to games.

It may sound all very defeatist but iIwe can not change the way forwards, only the board with the courage to invest or the Knight era could end up being remembered for a false dawn .I sincerely hope not!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
London Irish said:
Nine for me, would have been 10 but for the McGhee bolix but even with that he was manoeuvred into a corner by other people on the board.

You have to laugh at the people who want him out and I guess hand our club over to the first lot of used car salemen who come along.

:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here