Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confession time

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
(please listen and stop shouting)

I purchased items from BK(felt the weight of the NE terrace upon me even after 22 years of it's closure) on the site of the former field of dreams today-

It's only the 2nd time i have set foot in the place(the 1st was 3 years ago & i had to go there as i had to pick something up from Comet for a company i was working for-although i did say some prayers to the gods upon entry).

Anyway i know people cannot walk past look and never will at the place-and call me what you like-

BUT & this is a very VERY VERY IMPORTANT BUT

Where is the commemorative STATUE of what used to be there

or at least some proper indication be it a memorial or something

SORRY-

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Hmmmm. Personal choice I guess. I will never shop there and, so they say, neither will my kids. Is the Goldstone stone still in the park or did Archer smash it & sell it for gravel?

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
things happen for a reason.......we got a brand new stadium where new dreams are gonna come true!!!! the goldstone was a good place, granted......but look what we got in its place over at falmer!!!!!!!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hmmmm. Personal choice I guess. I will never shop there and, so they say, neither will my kids. Is the Goldstone stone still in the park or did Archer smash it & sell it for gravel?

did not look i know it's there though and there it must remain-still i suggest a huge Peter Ward statue in the car park there or some thing at least-crying shame and we have Falmer call it lucky or fate and it allows the Goldstone to finally RIP so i suppose we have to move on but future generations must be reminded.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
things happen for a reason.......we got a brand new stadium where new dreams are gonna come true!!!! the goldstone was a good place, granted......but look what we got in its place over at falmer!!!!!!!!!

Looking back-it was all done wrong and boy have we all had to fight for it-but it did take something like that to get to where we are-apparently Falmer(not sure how this works with sea air)is designed to last some 125 years-still did not make it right.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Worth a bump,what with the recent NSC & Argus interest...

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

this.........................I loved the Goldstone but we all have to move on the bad times are over now ..............ENJOY

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would be nice if there was a plaque there maybe, some sort of small reminder of what used to be.

I'm sure the site of Middlesbrough's (or it might be Sunderland's) old ground, now a housing development, has a plaque and a sculpted football marking the old centre spot.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Would be nice if there was a plaque there maybe, some sort of small reminder of what used to be.

I'm sure the site of Middlesbrough's (or it might be Sunderland's) old ground, now a housing development, has a plaque and a sculpted football marking the old centre spot.

Just feel it needs something-ps Edna what have you done with your avatar?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I am sure I read in the Argus there was going to be some sort of tribute to the Albion opposite in Hove park. I know its not the actual site of the Goldstone, but near enough.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't know what's the bigger crime here - setting foot in the Goldstone Retail Park or setting foot in Burger King!?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I don't know what's the bigger crime here - setting foot in the Goldstone Retail Park or setting foot in Burger King!?

Traitor-mercenary-call me what you like-i did it,am i proud,well it's off my chest and i am glad it's in the Argus & hopefully something will be done about it.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

What? You serious? Are you suggesting that some unearthly power caused Archer to asset strip our club and sell our home, because we would be rewarded 14yrs later with a lovely new ground? That's b*llocks. "The Goldstone was a good place". No, it was OUR home. And when he sold it we no longer had one. If you wanna believe in fairies and cling on to your "things happen for a reason" mantra then I feel sorry for you. We've got a lovely new ground mate because a life-long supporter paid £93m for it - without that we'd still be homeless. Crikey, you'll be saying Mother Theresa was a real saint next.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What? You serious? Are you suggesting that some unearthly power caused Archer to asset strip our club and sell our home, because we would be rewarded 14yrs later with a lovely new ground? That's b*llocks. "The Goldstone was a good place". No, it was OUR home. And when he sold it we no longer had one. If you wanna believe in fairies and cling on to your "things happen for a reason" mantra then I feel sorry for you. We've got a lovely new ground mate because a life-long supporter paid £93m for it - without that we'd still be homeless. Crikey, you'll be saying Mother Theresa was a real saint next.

think what the collective will eventually got through years of sheer hard work,love,dedication,passion,desire,persistence and luck,was Falmer-a lesser club would have been long gone-was it right?no,we were effectively raped beyond belief,was any war in history right?no but we did get to, through a tremendous upheaval,a place at a fantastic,new theatre of dreems,a place that will do what the Goldstone never could,take us on at least another 100 years.

Edit:my only complaint and feeling is for those who will miss our "true" homecoming,my mother,a fan,who recently passed away-to all others who will not be there,i salute you.god bless.

Last edited:

There is no "it was meant to be" about the filthy robbing of the Goldstone.
No excuse to go shopping where it used to be - it's a grave and you should not dance on it, nor pay any custom to the devils
that do business in our temple.

If we had kept it, we still would have eventually built a new place - perhaps got more respect in the process.

No apologies accepted, better you just don't talk about it than make apologies on here of all places.

That's how I see it.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Although god forbid Albion fans deprive the hordes of "loyal" Eastbourne Borough fans for a ticket for the first match there?...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here