Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conference? get serious!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Right! I'm losing my rag now!!!!:censored: :censored: :censored:

Even if our best eleven diappeared overnight we'd be left with..

Roberts/May

Watson El Abd 1 of the Elphick Brothers Mayo

Hart Carpenter Hammond Jones

Molango McPhee or Robinson

And this team woudl do well In Div1 , let alone 2!

So can we please stop talking about the Conference!!! It just shows everyone that you have no idea what you're talking about!!!!:censored: :censored: :censored:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
we can just as easily drop to League Two as we did when we came up two divisions. Not conference but bloody close!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:

Roberts/May

So can we please stop talking about the Conference!!! It just shows everyone that you have no idea what you're talking about!!!!:censored: :censored: :censored:

IMHO only El Abd and Hammond are top League 1 players.

It's past their sell by date for most of the current Firts teamers. Another year on the likes of Watto, Mayo, Chippy, Harty and Jonah would be past it. Molango couldn't handle getting kicked about. Mcphee and Robbo may get a dozen between them.

Sorry to be so negative.

That's not exactly mid table form.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing

Roberts/May

dream on my friend you would be doomed

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Jesus we sell two players and suddenly we are going to drop like a stone.... What the f*** is the matter with some people?

And no B.R. that team would do just fine in League One.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
But what if we did a Telford or Aldershot due to money troubles - which league/division would we drop to then?

I'm not suggesting we will - just asking the question.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
We won't ..... unelss of course you belong to the 'Knight and Perry = sons of Archer and Bellotti' conspiracy theory group.

I want to be sure that my children have the opportuntity to be brought up the right way...as pure blood Brighton supporters and I don't care what division we are in as long as we are in one! How can we call ourselves supporters of club when we are predicting conference football when we are in the Championship?:censored: :censored: :censored:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
We won't ..... unelss of course you belong to the 'Knight and Perry = sons of Archer and Bellotti' conspiracy theory group.

I want to be sure that my children have the opportuntity to be brought up the right way...as pure blood Brighton supporters and I don't care what division we are in as long as we are in one! How can we call ourselves supporters of club when we are predicting conference football when we are in the Championship?:censored: :censored: :censored:

Changing your tack now eh? Or do you really think the team you quoted at the top would succeed in League 1.

"Who's talking about the Conference, that's absolutely absurd..?" Well now your saying you don't care what league we are in... Seems you are shifting your position.

WELL DONE for being open to others opinion.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I happened to mention in my thread about mcghee looking for players in the conference to bolster your squad without spending big money and give some lower league players the chance to make a name for themselves in this division as there is some talent out there.

Shropshire Seagull said:
But what if we did a Telford or Aldershot due to money troubles - which league/division would we drop to then?

I'm not suggesting we will - just asking the question.
And the answer is ...

The same as Aldershot. Or Newport County.

I dare say that, after a few years, we might re-form as a Sussex County League team, struggle to get into the lower levels of the Ryman League, and eventually work our way up into the Conference South.

We could groundshare with Whitehawk FC.

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Saint Lennard said:
Changing your tack now eh? Or do you really think the team you quoted at the top would succeed in League 1.

"Who's talking about the Conference, that's absolutely absurd..?" Well now your saying you don't care what league we are in... Seems you are shifting your position.

WELL DONE for being open to others opinion.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

you misunderstood me... Conference isn't a league... sorry York City fans but that's how it is.

So no changing of tack St Lennard... sorry.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Saint Lennard said:

I can't dot his writitng on here and gtrying to get wiork doen at the same time.....

... If we did go down to the conefrence or a lower league wouldn't stop me supporting.....but that is not my point... my point is it's ridiculous to be talking about Conference football now!!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

I'm not part of any conspiracy group but IF the club went into recievership (not the same as administration) then FA rules state that if the club is subsequently re-born they must drop 3 divisions.

Telford went from the Conference to Div 1 of the Unibond Northern Premier League. Brighton would drop from the Championship to the Conference.

We all hope it won't happen but IF it did .... thats where we'd be playing next season as e.g. AFC Brighton (or something)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I didn't know that.... that's pretty depressing Shropshire but I don't think we're in that bad shape yet .... Falmer will clear up everything so let's not go down that path yet. Speculation is for the idle ( as I keep tellingmyself when trying to finish this bloddy report I'm working on!!!)

I'm not suggesting you're part of the conspiracy theory group but there are those who are. Sorry if I offended.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm not suggesting you're part of the conspiracy theory group but there are those who are. Sorry if I offended.

No offence taken.

It just annoys me when some people continue with infinite blind faith (not suggesting its wong to maintain a positive attitude mind) and won't even entertain the posibility of such a scenario. I saw it unravel at Telford last season - they had just finished building a brand new stadium (arguably the best ground in the conference - Wolves res play their games there). They had a solid chairman in Andy Shaw who ploughed loads of cash into the club. Unfortunately, and to the huge surprise of everyone, his building business went bust, and all his other businesses (inc. Telford FC) went to the liquidators with it.

So, you see, even if you think your club is financially okay, it can (and did) happen. So isn't it wise to at least hold you eyes open to the posibility that it could happen to the Albion (god forbid) who we already know are in a less than solid financial position already.

PS I'm not trying to draw similarities between Telford & Albion (or their Chairmen), merely using Telford as an example of the effects of a surprise (financial) disaster and the outcome.

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer

Roberts/May

Joel Lynch at centre back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here