Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conference Final

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Cambridge v Exeter.

Personally, I'm glad. Now that Burton have been knocked out, we can say one of two proper football clubs will be returning to the league.

Didn't Exeter take 30,000 last season? I think Morecambe had a pitiful 12,000 or something. Amazing to think that the gate for a non-league final is going to be in the 55,000 - 60,000 range which is about the same as our own appearance for a place in the Premiership all those years ago. :ohmy:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Cambridge v Exeter.

Personally, I'm glad. Now that Burton have been knocked out, we can say one of two proper football clubs will be returning to the league.

Didn't Exeter take 30,000 last season? I think Morecambe had a pitiful 12,000 or something. Amazing to think that the gate for a non-league final is going to be in the 55,000 - 60,000 range which is about the same as our own appearance for a place in the Premiership all those years ago. :ohmy:

I think there was quite a few people that went along just to visit the round as it was one of the first matches there.

But even so thats a hell of a lot for non league

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Live in Cambridge and went to both legs of the Play-offs with mates who are Cambridge fans. Cambridge took 2,000 to Burton and then sold out the Abbey for the home leg. Burton had home tickets left and brought 450 fans to the away leg. Cambridge are the bigger club and should be back in the league.

They will take 20,000 to Wembley at least I reckon.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hope Exeter win.
I love those West Country trips (although I don't envisage us visiting the Grecians any time soon).

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
I,m goin to wemberlee to watch this one as my girlfriends dad is an exeter fan. He reckons they will take 30,000 fans.

Its gonna be a close one but exeter are on form and have the experience of bein there last yr.
Probably nick it by the odd goal.

On a personal note I am actually lookin forward to this one although its a poor substitute for the albion being there.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I,m goin to wemberlee to watch this one as my girlfriends dad is an exeter fan. He reckons they will take 30,000 fans.

Its gonna be a close one but exeter are on form and have the experience of bein there last yr.
Probably nick it by the odd goal.

On a personal note I am actually lookin forward to this one although its a poor substitute for the albion being there.

WHAT !? ALBION in the Conference final? OUR ALBION?? Are you totally mad after just two days of summer sunshine?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here