Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Concourse

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you don't want to hang around on the concourse and go straight to your seat, you still need to walk (fight your way through) the concourse to get to your seat.

At the last match the concourse was hardly full. If you get there early enough you can easily get to your seat staying 2m away from everyone.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Understandably many rules about attending the Amex. We are all taking some risk by attending but surely biggest danger is the concourse . I can't get my head round is why this remains open and supporters are not asked to go straight to seat.

Someone is killed or seriously injured on UK roads every 22 minutes, so if you're worried about concourses make sure you don't use a road to get to the Amex!

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If you don't want to hang around on the concourse and go straight to your seat, you still need to walk (fight your way through) the concourse to get to your seat.
How would closing the concourses as the OP suggests resolve this issue? How would people even get to their seats?

You really don't need to spend any time in them if you don't want. A load of queues of people going straight to their seats would be no different.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
People need to make their own decisions. If you are too much of a scaredy cat to go to a game, then don't go to a game. If the concourse worries you, then stay in your seat. But don't curtail other people's enjoyment.

Not really a “scaredy-cat “ more like having 2 or 3 health problems including a lung condition that I really, really don’t want to see how serious the most recent variant could be.
No problem with you cracking on though,and I certainly wouldn’t want to curtail your enjoyment.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
How would closing the concourses as the OP suggests resolve this issue? How would people even get to their seats?

You really don't need to spend any time in them if you don't want. A load of queues of people going straight to their seats would be no different.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Monorail?

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Thoughtfully the Premier League have considered the real Covid threat. There's no trains. For the Wolves game the Stadium was pretty Covid safe, but the trains to and from were an absolute joke.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No surly the biggest danger is….

Not wearing a mask, and being in a confined area, which the concourse is not….

Well if the West Lower concourse isn't a crowded airless confined area half an hour prior to kick off then l'm a Dutchman. Still plenty of people maskless too.

I choose to arrive early, grab a pie, then go straight out to the relative safety of my seat.. But as others have said it's the individuals choice what they decide ro do.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Understandably many rules about attending the Amex. We are all taking some risk by attending but surely biggest danger is the concourse . I can't get my head round is why this remains open and supporters are not asked to go straight to seat.

Yes and this is the massive irony of the club's stance and how money trumps safety. In the upper west concourse we have no TV's which has zero effect on safety. And of course we are perplexed that screens are on in Dick's and small lounges. If Mr Barber was really concerned about safety the logical approach would be to have concourses closed except for toilet access and the priority would be to get you to your seat ASAP. However, then there would be no spend at the kiosks!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes and this is the massive irony of the club's stance and how money trumps safety. In the upper west concourse we have no TV's which has zero effect on safety. And of course we are perplexed that screens are on in Dick's and small lounges. If Mr Barber was really concerned about safety the logical approach would be to have concourses closed except for toilet access and the priority would be to get you to your seat ASAP. However, then there would be no spend at the kiosks!

and 1 bus/train carriage per fan.

If you’re bothered about the concourses then simply don’t go.

There are queues on transport, queues to get in, you’re in a stadium, people will need to use toilets and pass through the concourses anyway. Outlets being open or closed doesn’t really change the main risk factor of the game being on!

If you don’t want anything, go through to your seat. I don’t know why the focus is specifically on the concourses with so many other risks in staging a game.

Omicron is massively more transmissible than previous variants. You can arrange for zero transportation risk by driving/walking. Yes some risk queuing to get in but we all know the checks are a total fiction, you get in quickly particularly if you don’t leave it to last moment. Some risk entrance to concourse to seat but mere seconds. Toilet - go during game no queues/crowd. At end wait a few minutes and you can leave with no crowding.

If you really don’t want to catch Omicron, you can do all these kinds of things, if you are indifferent to catching it and think it’s all fate anyway, you’ll spend time in the concourses, good luck with that

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Omicron is massively more transmissible than previous variants. You can arrange for zero transportation risk by driving/walking. Yes some risk queuing to get in but we all know the checks are a total fiction, you get in quickly particularly if you don’t leave it to last moment. Some risk entrance to concourse to seat but mere seconds. Toilet - go during game no queues/crowd. At end wait a few minutes and you can leave with no crowding.

If you really don’t want to catch Omicron, you can do all these kinds of things, if you are indifferent to catching it and think it’s all fate anyway, you’ll spend time in the concourses, good luck with that

You can do ALL these things with the kiosks open. You know, if you want to completely miss the point.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Understandably many rules about attending the Amex. We are all taking some risk by attending but surely biggest danger is the concourse . I can't get my head round is why this remains open and supporters are not asked to go straight to seat.[/QUOTE
Go straight to your seat then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here