Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Conclusive proof we used to play in Green and Black.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yep that's the one,though I don't get what relevance who posted it has. Plenty of us on here remember us wearing that kit ( I can also remember us playing in red and blue), your post suggests to me that you don't & don't believe that we ever did .
your right though the photo doesn't actually prove we wore the kit

My point is that the ORIGINAL POSTER said it was conclusive proof (no one else) and then posted a picture of someone holding a green shirt, I was simply questioning how that could be considered conclusive proof of anything. We may well have played in green, I honestly don't know but in order to prove something conclusively you need irrefutable evidence which that post didn't have.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We may well have played in green, I honestly don't know

You honestly don't know even after a video of Albion playing in green in the 1970s is posted?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You honestly don't know even after a video of Albion playing in green in the 1970s is posted?

You're assuming that I watched the video.
To satisfy my curiosity I have just watched it and it does indeed look like we played in green in the 1970s, well done.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
My point is that the ORIGINAL POSTER said it was conclusive proof (no one else) and then posted a picture of someone holding a green shirt, I was simply questioning how that could be considered conclusive proof of anything. We may well have played in green, I honestly don't know but in order to prove something conclusively you need irrefutable evidence which that post didn't have.

"someone" :lolol:

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I don't actually remember us having an "official" change kit then. They just had to avoid a clash. so it was always a bit of mish-mash as to what we would turn up away from home. ifthe home team colours were red then we were fine, and even a plain white or blue shirt would probably be alright for us to play in stripes, Then around 1976 with the advent of more colour television teams needed to be more distinctive than they had been.

Clubs did not have replica shirts on sale in the early 1970s so there wasn't any commercial pressure to chanhe the kit as often as it is done now.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Someone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:

Oh my!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Oh I do apologise for not recognising retired footballers that I am too young to have ever seen play, I have sung the Peter Ward song many times but I wouldn't recognise him if he walked past me on the street. Do I need to pass some kind of "history of the Albion" test to be allowed on NSC?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Do I need to pass some kind of "history of the Albion" test to be allowed on NSC?

What a fantastic idea. Might weed out the Palace fans.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm surprised that anyone ever doubted that we played in green and black. I thought the debate was about green and black STRIPES, which was announced as the away kit in 1972-3 but never actually materialised, with red and black stripes appearing instead. We got murdered every time we wore them - Millwall, Fulham I remember - but then we got murdered in most away games that season so perhaps it was the players rather than the kit.

I first saw the green shirts in a 1-0 win at Palace in the 1975-6 season, when we nicked an early goal then defended on our six-yard line for the rest of the game, Ian Evans blasting an unmissable chance over the bar in injury time. Unfortunately we also wore them at Millwall on Good Friday - with blue shorts - when our promotion chances disappeared in a 3-1 defeat, thanks partly to a disatrous backpass by Joe Kinnear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here