Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Concerts at the Amex

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Very different for football where the club provides the stewarding. I suppose a lot of promoters don't want to get involved. It's a shame. Wasn't there a story at the time too that Rod Stewart thought the acoustics were lousy for a concert. It's very echoey, so could well be true. Didn't take the fun out of the Fatboy gigs though.
I actually enjoyed that( rod’s ) concert immensely and the sound was good, but then saw him at the county ground and that was brilliant …

I think the marketing people tend to believe their own hype about things like perfect venue for music, when we all secretly knew transport was a ballche from day 1

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I agree hang around for a pint is the best option, but I had some rubbish experiences leaving 2 hours before kick off at Eastbourne and only just about making the match and ending up on trains that friends took an hour later but arriving the same time. Not going to do that any longer.
Fair enough. I do try various options - including the train - depending on kick-off times. EDF park and ride by far the best for me when it's available. Slightly off the subject but saw Springsteen at Wembley yesterday and the last mile, getting off the A40, took almost an hour and a half. Slip road crosses two incoming junctions. The Amex seemed very accessible by comparison! :)

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I’ve heard PB answer this question before and he said the biggest challenge is that artists own tour schedules often don’t tie in with the window of when the Amex is available to host such an event, which ultimately is only ever going to be post season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’ve heard PB answer this question before and he said the biggest challenge is that artists own tour schedules often don’t tie in with the window of when the Amex is available to host such an event, which ultimately is only ever going to be post season.
Surely this is the same for all UK football grounds…and plenty of others have hosted gigs this and other summers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here