Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Concert tickets:is this legal ?

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Viagogo don't sell the tickets themselves, it's a person to person seller. So it's actually people selling them, so in that sense, yes. But they shouldn't be selling for more than face value, as that is illegal.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Also - good websites include; viagogo, Ents24 (I use this one and is very good) Seatwave, see tickets, NME, these tend to be the most popular/best

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Presumably there was a pre-sale and some unfortunates who bought these early tickets have since discovered they can not attend, so have no option but to punt the tickets on for as much as they can.

Alternatively, they're just wanker touts.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
If they can't get the tickets (which is unlikely as I'm sure there's dodgy goings on behind the scenes that will ensure they end up with a whole block of seats) they give refunds or offer tickets in other areas.

f*** em, it's regulated touting.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Presumably there was a pre-sale and some unfortunates who bought these early tickets have since discovered they can not attend, so have no option but to punt the tickets on for as much as they can.

Alternatively, they're just wanker touts.

The presale was only yesterday so they are indeed wanker touts. It pisses me off that this is allowed and this and the last Govt have both said they are happy for it to continue and have no plans to outlaw it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My "they bought tickets but have now discovered they can't go" comment was tinged with just a little bit of sarcasm.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Are people seriously expecting Drake to sell out the O2 that quickly it will cause ticketmaster to crash. If you are online when they go on sale surely you will get a ticket pretty easily? Or am I missing something?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Are people seriously expecting Drake to sell out the O2 that quickly it will cause ticketmaster to crash. If you are online when they go on sale surely you will get a ticket pretty easily? Or am I missing something?

Must confess I have never heard of them.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Viagogo don't sell the tickets themselves, it's a person to person seller. So it's actually people selling them, so in that sense, yes. But they shouldn't be selling for more than face value, as that is illegal.

Want to point me to the law that states that reselling non-football tickets, for whatever value, is illegal. Hint. There isn't one.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Want to point me to the law that states that reselling non-football tickets, for whatever value, is illegal. Hint. There isn't one.

No, there isn't. There should be however but when the last govt reviewed this they decided that it was better to have an open market for tickets. The current govt have said they have no plans to review the matter.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Must confess I have never heard of them.

Do you know what until 2 days ago I hadn't then I saw some daft bint who had his name tattooed in massive letters on her forehead. Since then I've had about 3 emails about tickets for the guy, one of the Albion players (Elphick I think) mentioned going to see him on Twitter and now there is a thread on here.

Couldn't tell you what genre of music it is or name one of his LPs in the hit parade, but judging by the picture of him on the email I got I assume it's black music for white middle class kids who have belts that don't work.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
No, there isn't. There should be however but when the last govt reviewed this they decided that it was better to have an open market for tickets. The current govt have said they have no plans to review the matter.

One of the reasons nothing happened is because the ticket companies refused to allow punters to get refunds for tickets they no longer wanted or couldn't now attend.
i.e. they wanted their cake and eat it

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Judging by Twitter, pretty much every footballer in the country will be going along, so that should sell his tickets.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Do you know what until 2 days ago I hadn't then I saw some daft bint who had his name tattooed in massive letters on her forehead. Since then I've had about 3 emails about tickets for the guy, one of the Albion players (Elphick I think) mentioned going to see him on Twitter and now there is a thread on here.

Couldn't tell you what genre of music it is or name one of his LPs in the hit parade, but judging by the picture of him on the email I got I assume it's black music for white middle class kids who have belts that don't work.

That pretty much exactly matches my awareness of this chap. Other than the tattoo bit anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here